Designer - Los Angeles, CA
Company: Western States Fire Protection Co.
Location: Lakewood, CA
This individual will design, coordinate, and possibly project manage the fire sprinkler systems for commercial, industrial, and residential buildings. He or she will design and create the finished representation for the sprinkler systems using drawing and drafting skills and tools. The drawings produced will be used as a guide by every other link in the chain of construction, both on-site and in the office. The designer will have responsibility for the initial planning of a project including scheduling of time, creating material stock listing, analyzing changes, and solving problems. Close coordination with the project manager, project superintendent, and sales representative will be required throughout the life of the project.
- Applicable degree from a technical school or college
- NICET certification is a plus
- Demonstrated ability with AutoCAD, AutoSprink, HydraCAD, or other specialized fire sprinkler layout software
- Project management experience a plus
- Proven ability and track record of performing work in a timely manner and meeting deadlines
- Three years experience in commercial. industrial, and residential design
- Must be detail-oriented and skilled in free hand and mechanical lettering and drawings
- Must have good communication skills
- Ability to coordinate and work well with others
- Review construction contract documents and coordinate with sub contractors and General Contractor/owner to gather the required information to design the project’s sprinkler system
- Through use of analytical thinking and problem solving, determine construction feasibility and systems possibilities
- Create detailed drawings through extensive use of AutoCAD, AutoSprink, or HydraCAD type programs
- Create stock list for all material required throughout the project
- Perform hydraulic calculations
- Develop initial schedules for preliminary project work
- Maintain design historical records for future use
- Develop positive and ongoing relationships with customers to ensure company is meeting customers’ expectations
- Coordinate with other departments within office to ensure proper handover of job information
- Perform Project Manager functions as required
- Complete other assigned responsibilities as directed by immediate supervisor or other WSFP management personnel
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Please complete our application process after applying for the position at: http://www.wsfp.com/careers.php
See all of our current job openings.