Sprinkler Fitter Helper
Company: American Fire Protection Group, Inc.
Location: Lubbock, TX
Sprinkler Fitters install automatic fire sprinkler systems in new and existing buildings in all types of construction, using valves, hangers, steel and plastic pipe. They layout, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems, pipe supports, and related equipment for fire sprinkler systems.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Physically capable of performing the essential functions of being a sprinkler fitter including: handling material potentially in excess of 100 lb; working with tools off scaffolds, ladders, and aerial lifts at heights potentially in excess of 100 ft; working in confined spaces and in trenches of eight feet or greater depth; and working in adverse weather conditions.
- Strong values and a dedication to working with honesty and integrity at all times
- Commitment to excellence and driven to team success
- High School diploma or GED
- Excellent near vision- ability so see details at close range
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Read and write English
- Well-developed active listening, critical thinking, and deductive reasoning skills
- Dependability- must be reliable, responsible and committed to fulfilling assigned duties
- Independence- individuals must be self-starters and have the ability to work with little or no supervision
- Have a dependable means of transportation to get to and from jobsites and other places of work
- Overhead pipe installation, including: steel overhead sprinkler piping, wet, dry, pre-action and deluge, fire pump, standpipe and hose systems.
- Install residential systems, including: CPVC residential pipe and copper residential pipe installation.
- Install and service underground pipe including: private service fire mains, hydrants, pits and underground control valves.
- Install and service valves, devices and trim for system risers, alarm valves, dry pipe valves, pre action and deluge valves, backflow prevention devices, sprinkler system alarms.
- Fabricating, assembling, installing and maintaining piping, fixtures and equipment for fire sprinkler systems.
- Inspects installation of equipment such as valves, pumps, and backflow preventers to ensure systems meet required standards and are in working order.
- Cut, thread, groove, and bend pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, pipe threaders, groovers, and benders.
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing and threading joints.
- Attach pipes to walls, structures and fixtures using brackets, clamps, tools or welding equipment.
- Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading.
- Lay out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
- Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.