Company: United Piping Inc.
Location: Morris, IL
We are seeking a knowledgeable and skilled Billing Specialist to join our team. The Billing Specialist position reports directly to the Office Manager. Duties and responsibilities are broad, varied and often of a complex and confidential nature. Independent judgment, initiative, and clear decision-making abilities are required.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail; ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with high level of integrity, using discretion with sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment to meet critical and ongoing deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Scheduling Coordination programs, and other software required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Represents the company professionally and is an ambassador for our values of Integrity, Respect, and Caring.
- Work closely with the Project Manager, Project Engineers, Superintendent, and Office Manager to ensure timely and accurate billing.
- Work closely with the AP/AR to collect subcontract invoices, track payments, and terms for subs.
- Field questions from AR and work with the proper project lead to provide the appropriate feedback.
- Assist with job audits when necessary.
- Supply requested reports to UPI and client personnel.
- Support the Warehouse Manager, Field Personnel, Project Managers, Project Engineers, Office Manager, and Superintendent in White Ticket creations, data entry, tracking and ordering.
- In the absence of the Office Manager, work with regional foremen, and home office regarding:
- PO creation, tracking, and filing
- Assist with eLEM training
- Assist in preparation of LEMs for those without eLEM access
- Payroll questions/adjustments
- Issuing job numbers and phases in eLEM
- Track and issue FR clothing
- Collection and submission of documentation and receipts to the home office
- Continuous development of your skill set and the skills of those you work with is paramount at UPI. Leadership development opportunities will be presented and participation will be considered fundamental to your success as a leader.
- Communication will be a key to your success at UPI. Communication loops need to be maintained. These loops include UPI management, project and home office staff, safety personnel, inspectors, and client construction management.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.