Company: DSS Security
Location: Katy, TX
The Security Technician will install and repair security systems in new and existing buildings in all types of construction; using access control devices, alarm devices, panels, cameras, DVRs and NVRs, and intercoms. Technician must be able to install and repair major makes and models of security systems with minimal supervision.
• High school diploma or GED
• Access Control, Alarm Systems, CCTV, and Intercom experience
• Low voltage electronics experience
• Physically capable of performing the essential functions of being a security technician, including: handling materials and equipment potentially in excess of 50 lbs; working with tools off scaffolds, ladders, and aerial lifts at heights potentially in excess of 30 ft; working in confined spaces; and working in adverse weather conditions
• Strong values and a dedication to working with honesty and integrity at all times
• Commitment to excellence and driven to team success
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to use and learn computer software and devices
• Well-developed active listening, critical thinking, and deductive reasoning skills
• Have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable DMV record
• Licensed by the Texas Department of Public Safety Private Security Division (or have the ability to pass background checks and testing to obtain license)
• Certified Alarm Technician – Level 1
• Have dependable means of transportation to get to and from job sites and other places of work
• OSHA 10 certified a plus
• Effectively plan the day-to-day activities of the installation and repair of security systems
• Read and understand construction documents, including plans and specifications
• Ensure job quality and customer satisfaction is maintained in every stage of the project
• Interact with upper management and other trades, customers, and vendors/suppliers to build lasting relationships
• Manage time and materials to ensure the assigned tasks meet or beat budgets
• Inform Leadership of all issues affecting materials, schedule, costs and relationships
• Focus on safety and safety practices first and foremost, including Daily Huddles, Tool Box Talks, etc.
• Attend all jobsite and office meetings related to assigned projects as needed and required, ensuring all necessary documentation is completed as required by GC/Owner
• Plan and adjust to make the most efficient use of time and other resources
• Maintain solid working knowledge of applicable codes
• Honor all schedules; internal and external customer commitments
• Assess need for equipment and maintain responsibility for all equipment in while in your possession
• Maintain professional appearance at all times, ensure uniforms are in good condition
• Complete all required and recommended training
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
See all of our current job openings.