Experienced Security & Access Control Technician
Company: American Fire Protection Group, Inc.
Location: Houston, TX
American Fire Protection Group is growing! Because of this growth we are seeking to add an experienced and ambitious Security and Access Control Technician to our office in CITY, STATE. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone seeking opportunities for growth and advancement with an industry-leading company, and who thrives in a hands-on position.
Genuinely enjoy working in a TEAM environment
Like learning new technology and system software programming
Seek to develop detail-oriented solutions in your work
Have a talent for effectively and respectfully communicating with others
…then we would love to hear from you!
What makes someone successful in this role?
Ambition and energy to be a top performer.
Being eager to learn and initiating steps to enhance knowledge and understanding of your work.
A steadfast commitment to delivering exceptional customer service.
A good work ethic that keeps you striving for excellence on all levels.
Maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
Why Choose to Work for American Fire Protection Group?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of experience you have in the fire alarm and life safety system industry.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, a 401(K) with employer match, profit sharing, medical, dental, vision, flex spending, and tuition reimbursements.
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of the most current technology our industry has to offer. We provide software to our salespeople that helps prospect new customers, manage existing relationships, and provide our TEAM every opportunity to WIN.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Access Control, Alarm Systems, CCTV, and Intercom experience.
- Low voltage electronics experience.
- Physically capable of performing the essential functions of being a security technician, including: handling materials and equipment potentially in excess of 50 lbs; working with tools off scaffolds, ladders, and aerial lifts at heights potentially in excess of 30 ft; working in confined spaces; and working in adverse weather conditions.
- Strong values and a dedication to working with honesty and integrity at all times.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use and learn computer software and devices.
- Well-developed active listening, critical thinking, and deductive reasoning skills.
- Have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable DMV record.
- Licensed by the Texas Department of Public Safety Private Security Division (or have the ability to pass background checks and testing to obtain license).
- Certified Alarm Technician – Level 1.
- Have dependable means of transportation to get to and from job sites and other places of work.
- OSHA 10 certified a plus.
- Effectively planning the day-to-day activities of the installation and repair of security systems.
- Understanding construction documents, including plans and specifications.
- Ensuring job quality and customer satisfaction are maintained in every stage of your projects.
- Interacting with upper management and other trades, customers, and vendors/suppliers to build lasting relationships.
- Managing time and materials to ensure the assigned tasks meet or beat budgets.
- Keeping leadership well-informed on all issues affecting materials, schedules, costs, and relationships.
- A steadfast commitment to safety and safety practices including Daily Huddles, Tool Box Talks, etc.
- Attending and participating in all job site and office meetings related to assigned projects.
- Maintaining solid working knowledge of applicable codes.
- Assessing need for equipment and maintaining responsibility for all equipment while in your possession.
- Completing all required and recommended training.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.