Company: American Fire Protection Group, Inc.
Location: San Antonio, TX
American Fire Protection Group, Inc. is looking for an experienced Fire Suppression System Technician to install, inspect and repair fire alarm and special hazards systems in new and existing buildings in all types of construction, using conduit, hangers, wires, alarm devices, panels, piping, tanks and other devices. The Technician must be able to perform test and inspection, and basic repair and maintenance on major makes and models of fire alarm and special hazard systems with minimal supervision.
• Performance of daily, weekly, monthly and/or annual inspections and preventative maintenance services on various extinguisher or suppression systems
• Repair, replace, fill and tag all fire extinguishers
• Service, repair and test deficiencies found during inspection.
• Complete electronic and/or hand written inspection reports
• Document time worked as well as all paperwork relating to assigned tasks in a timely manner
• Assist the scheduling and completion of assigned duties
• Work independently and use provided personal protective equipment.
• Read and understand construction documents including plans, specifications, contracts, purchase orders, and agreements.
• Provide guidance and direction to crews in meeting the budgets and schedule dates of each project.
• Ensure job quality and customer satisfaction is maintained in every stage of the project.
• Interact with upper management and other trades, customers, and vendors/suppliers to build lasting relationships.
• Manage labor and materials to ensure the assigned tasks meet or beat budgets.
• Inform Leadership of all issues affecting production, materials, schedule, costs, and relationships.
• Serve as trainer and coach for crew members.
• Focus on safety and safety practices first and foremost at all task inceptions, including Daily Huddles, Tool Box Talks, etc.
• Attend all jobsite and office meetings related to assigned projects as needed and required, ensuring all necessary documentation is completed as required by GC/Owner.
• Interpret company policies for workers and enforce safety regulations.
• Plan and adjust work schedules to make the most efficient use of assigned manpower and other resources.
• Maintain solid working knowledge of applicable NFPA and Life Safety codes.
• Honor all schedules and internal and external customer commitments.
• Order materials, determine availability, coordinate deliveries, and manage jobsite materials.
• Assess need for equipment and maintain responsibility for all pieces while in your possession.
• Maintain all maintenance and upkeep of company provided vehicles, returning proper documentation as required in a timely manner.
• Maintain professional appearance at all times, ensuring uniforms are in good condition.
• Complete all required, mandatory, and recommended training.
See all of our current job openings.