Pipeline Construction Laborer
Company: Mid-Ohio Pipeline Services
Location: Lexington, OH
Mid-Ohio Pipeline is continuously dedicated to providing the pipeline industry with services that exceed the expectations of our customers, while maintaining the highest regard for safety, quality, and the environment. We will provide the safest, most competent and best trained personnel that the industry has to offer. Our mission to provide competitively priced services, constructed in a timely manner while maintaining impeccable quality will not waiver at Mid-Ohio Pipeline.
Pipeline Construction Laborers perform intensive physical construction labor duties as a part of a construction crew. Lifts/carries materials and performs other duties involving the use of hand and power tools. Duties also include but are not limited to digging trenches or ditches, backfill and compact and level earth. Must be physically capable of performing work requirements asked of them. Candidate must be willing to listen, learn.
- Prior pipeline construction and/or pipeline laborer experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of general hand tools and power tools preferred.
- Ability to work in all types of weather.
- Ability to travel throughout local service territories, primarily in but not limited to Ohio.
- Must complete and pass a pre‐employment drug & alcohol screen.
- Personal transportation available to and from job site.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to travel required.
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds.
- Must be able to work long hours and weekends if needed.
- Must pass practical exam.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as delegated to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Essential Job functions:
- Dig trenches up to 5 feet, backfill excavations, jackhammer asphalt/rock and compact and level earth to grade specifications using shovels, tampers and rakes
- Move pipe and associated tools and materials.
- Clean up rubble and debris; perform other restoration such as blacktop and landscape.
- Perform technical construction and repair on major utility pipelines.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement and adjustment of machinery, equipment and materials.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.