Heavy Construction Equipment Operator
Company: Mid-Ohio Pipeline Services
Location: Lexington, OH
Mid-Ohio Pipeline is continuously dedicated to providing the pipeline industry with services that exceed the expectations of our customers, while maintaining the highest regard for safety, quality, and the environment. We will provide the safest, most competent and best trained personnel that the industry has to offer. Our mission to provide competitively priced services, constructed in a timely manner while maintaining impeccable quality will not waiver at Mid-Ohio Pipeline.
Heavy Construction Equipment Operator must possess the ability to SAFELY and SKILLFULLY operate equipment for the construction of natural gas pipelines. Performs duties as directed by foreman while operating any or all of the following equipment: rubber tire backhoe, excavator, trenchers or directional bore machines in the installation, removal or maintenance of underground utilities and pipe installation. Candidate must be willing to listen and learn.
- At least 2 years prior heavy construction equipment operator experience.
- Prior pipeline construction and/or pipeline laborer experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of general hand tools and power tools preferred.
- Ability to work in all types of weather.
- Must complete and pass a pre‐employment drug & alcohol screen.
- Personal transportation available to and from job site.
- Current/Valid Driver’s License preferred.
- Ability to travel required.
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds.
- Must be able to work long hours and weekends if needed.
- Must pass practical exam.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as delegated to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Essential Job functions:
- Must be physically capable of performing work requirements asked of them, including significant laboring and any other tasks requested by the supervisor.
- Must follow all safety policies and safety procedures per company and utility customer standards.
- Skillfully operates heavy equipment: includes ditching, excavating, backfilling, tamping, breaking, running, maneuvering, etc. with minimal disruption to the surrounding improvements and infrastructure.
- Skilled worker who possess the required knowledge, skill, and physical ability to perform construction and maintenance duties related to the natural gas industry
- Ability to perform the essential physical functions of the job and operate within a short time frame as needed
- Must work well with others
- Load material or equipment for transport from show-up yard to job site and secure as appropriate
- Place, remove or maintain underground utilities as directed. This includes but is not limited to: carrying pipe, bags of material and other heavy items, jack hammering, shoveling, tamping and installing pipe, duct or cable
- Secure work site, equipment and materials at the end of each shift to ensure public safety and safety of equipment and materials
- Inspects heavy equipment: includes structures and materials; identifies causes of errors and other problems or defects
- Monitors information: includes materials, events, or environment; detects or assesses problems associated with heavy equipment
- Identifies information: includes categorizing, estimating, and recognizing differences or similarities in heavy equipment; detects changes in circumstances or events
Employment Package Benefits includes 401k, medical, dental, vision and life insurance. Competitive wages with opportunities to advance within the company. Non-smoking environment, DFWP, EOE.
See all of our current job openings.