Accounts Payable Specialist
Company: American Fire Protection Group, Inc.
Location: Edina, MN
The Accounts Payable Specialist is a member of the Finance team who will ensure accurate processing and recording of the company’s Accounts Payable, provide timely and accurate financial information, and participate in daily reporting and Accounts Payable processing. This position reports to the Accounts Payable Leader. Hours are typically between 8:00-5:00 M-F.
- 1-3 years of previous Accounts Payable experience
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Account Payable and best practices
- Proficient with Outlook, Excel and Word
- Strong oral and written communications skills; ability to effectively and professionally communicate with all levels of leadership and employees
- Prioritization and management of multiple tasks
- Dependable, accurate, and detail oriented
- Must be a self-starter who takes the initiative and anticipates needs
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Post high school education
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Trustworthy to maintain confidentiality
- Strong work ethic
- Team player
- Well-developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX, not required
- Responsible for the timely processing of Accounts Payable invoices and expense reports for multiple locations through a purchase order system.
- Ensure invoices and expense reports have proper backup and approval.
- Maintaining invoice files and electronic copies for each location.
- Check vendor information for accuracy.
- Communicate with Project Managers, Controller, and various divisions for disbursement of Accounts Payable.
- Communicate with external clients and vendors to provide timely responses to questions and inquiries.
- Research and resolve outstanding invoices and payments to maintain vendor accounts.
- Assist with preparing accounts payable checks and ACH payments.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.