Company: American Fire Protection Group, Inc.
Location: Nashville, TN
The Shop Leader is responsible for maintaining organization in the receiving and staging areas. The Shop Leader will receive incoming stock orders, pull counter invoices and write tickets and inventory and stage all materials appropriately. You will work closely with Project Engineers, Construction Leader, and operations to ensure accurate and timely support to the TEAM. You will maintain up to date inventory totals in Microsoft Dynamics AX and supply accurate accounts to the Division Leader.
SHOP LEADER CORE COMPETENCIES
- Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Operate a forklift as well as other tools, equipment and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures (Forklift qualified or willing to undergo qualification)
- Technologically inclined
- Strategic thinker
- Coordinate with the purchaser to ensure that on-hand stock is based on current jobs and forecasts based on backlog
- Coordinate with project leaders, field leaders, and foremen when material is staged for job sites
- Follow up with drivers to ensure that deliveries are complete and successful
- Assist drivers with material pickup and delivery when necessary (shop truck, no CDL required)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel with the ability to type
- Possess valid Driver’s License
- Organize and dispense material for delivery
- Maintain accountability and records in Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Receive material and distribute to jobs or trucks
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Maintain a clean shop and ensure that special tools and shop equipment are operable
- Schedule rentals as needed
- Select, repair and organize tools as needed
- Prioritize and process purchase orders
- Maintain accurate information for payroll reporting (Times cards, Absenteeism, Tardiness)
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.