Company: VFP Fire Systems, Inc.
Location: Elmwood, LA
This position will be responsible for electrical helper duties to assist with project and service projects under supervision of Field Technicians. Assistance with install, and repair wiring, conduit, fire and security devices and head end control equipment. Ability to read blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work, locations, quantities, and materials required. Ability to Identify all tools required for tasks and identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks. Assist technicians in troubleshooting and work performance; demolition; cleaning; removing debris; housekeeping. Industrial construction/maintenance industry experience required.
Location: Baton Rouge area
- Preferred Fire Inspector/Sprinkler Inspector licensing with LASFM
- Ability to pass drug test/background check
- Ability to obtain TWIC and GNOIC basic plus and site specifics
- Valid driver's license
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Excellent communication skills, professional appearance, work ethic
- Computer skills- Word, Excel and general “Microsoft Office” applications
- Highly organized with focus on goals
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to learn NFPA, NEC, and local applicable codes
- Ability to lift 75 lbs or more/work on lifts/ladders over 6 feet above ground
- Manage and maintain a working customer database (To Do List)
- Complete and follow up on assigned work and take ownership of assigned jobs/ work orders
- Assist with performing routine inspections, testing and services of life safety systems
- Handle AC/DC wiring and corresponding devices
- Daily communications with Schedule Coordinator on inspection or work order delays
Company vehicle with gas card, Company phone, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability, 401(k), Supplemental Insurance (life, disability, accidental, critical), ESOP, Vacation, Personal Time/ Sick time off
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.