Company: APi Group, Inc.
Location: New Brighton, MN
Entry level safety leader with an education in Safety or Risk, responsible for providing direction, coordination and supervision of APi Group, Inc.’s Company Health and Safety Program and Policies in collaboration with the Corporate Risk Management team and multiple safety leaders across APi Group, Inc. subsidiaries. Incumbent will be trained and incorporated into APi Group’s culture, with the intent of being promoted to a trained Safety Leader position working at one of our subsidiary companies after six months to two years, depending on performance and company need. Applicant should bring a high level of energy and sense of urgency to the businesses served. The following list of core responsibilities should not be considered all-inclusive, but very representational of the expectations set forth by the organization.
- Safety or Risk Control related degree required.
- 0-3 years of experience in safety and/or risk control.
- Hold the belief that all incidents are preventable.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional planning, time-management and follow-through.
- Strong relationship building skills, both internal and external.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work with a variety of technology – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook required.
- Ability to review, analyze and discuss safety/risk information and/or data.
- Ability to work effectively with a team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and complex situations.
- Ability to travel >25% overnight required.
- Ability to relocate in the future (see advancement potential below).
- Previous experience with Adobe Standard, Riskonnect or other RMIS, developing infographics is preferred.
- Approved OSHA 500/501 trainer preferred.
- Preferred experience working with Risk Management Information Systems (RMIS) – we use Riskonnect.
- Preferred experience or interest in ergonomics.
- Support and believe in our Commitment to Zero and Striving Towards Excellence and Professionalism in Safety (STEPS) efforts.
- Support our Driving Without Distractions initiative.
- Contribute to the direction of company’s overall health and safety program. This includes implementing APi Group, Inc. health and safety programs and/or company-specific programs unique to the business.
- Supporting company risk management goals and objectives and helping to incorporate them into annual company business plan(s).
- Communicate with and involve executive management with respect to risk management goals, objectives and key performance indicators.
- Explore, research, adapt new products, programs and/or technology that will further enhance the company’s safety performance.
- Regularly engage with field team members to assist and monitor loss prevention efforts.
- Influence field leadership through coaching, feedback and continued training activities to assist in building the skills necessary to execute loss prevention activities.
- Assist in maintaining regulatory compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Create and deliver training opportunities to all levels of the team.
- Perform frequent job site evaluations, determine employee exposure(s) and institute acceptable work practices.
- Investigate losses when available and able.
- Monitor and measure loss performance from corporate level as well as project level.
- Participate in claim reviews with appropriate management personnel.
- Continuously search for trends in incidents reported and opportunities for prevention.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
Promotion opportunities arise throughout North America at various subsidiaries, which likely will require relocating.
See all of our current job openings.