Company: J. Fletcher Creamer & Son, Inc.
Location: Hackensack, NJ
Reinforce best practices & safe work behaviors amongst employees and ensure compliance with OSHA, company, and customer safety standards & requirements in order to create a safe workplace for all employees.
- HS Diploma
- OSHA 30
- CHST preferred
- OSHA 510, strongly preferred
- OSHA 500, not mandatory
- 5-8 years direct safety related equivalent experience – preferably construction related
- Strong knowledge of trenching & excavation work – protection requirements, benching, sloping, ladders, etc.
- Work Zone safety awareness training – familiar with MUTCD traffic control requirements and interior work zone safety
- Ability to communicate clearly – written and verbal
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve problems
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions
- Basic computer skills
Summary of Responsibilities
Serve as a resource for safety and to identify & recognize unsafe behaviors and conditions. Assist & educate employees in addressing unsafe behaviors and conditions by working to develop solutions & corrective actions to eliminate work place hazards.
- Conduct daily jobsite safety audits
- Assist in creating & conducting Job Hazard Analysis
- Assist with and/or perform safety training
- Administer safety programs
- Conduct safety meetings
- Communicate hazards with employees, customers, and Risk Manager
- Make recommendations to ensure compliance with OSHA, company, and customer safety standards
- Investigate near miss, first aid, injury, and property damage incidents thoroughly to determine the root cause
- Conduct safety equipment inspections
- Ensure policies are enforced
Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401(k), ESOP, Tuition Assistance, Career Development
Pay depends on your level of experience
See all of our current job openings.