Company: APi Group, Inc.
Location: New Brighton, MN
The Data Analyst position reports to the Data & Information Architect. This position will work with the Information Access team to build and enhance strategic reports/analyses, train and support our Information Access (Business Intelligence) capability throughout our companies and maintain our current data architecture. While others on the Information Access team are working on a new Data architecture platform, this role will be instrumental in ensuring foundational capabilities are supported and progressing. Upon completion of baseline deployment of the new platform, the Data & Information Analyst will help to transition and migrate all tools and resources from the current data architecture to the new platform. Long-term, this position will work with the rest of the Information Access team to implement machine learning and artificial intelligence capabilities that will exceptionally affect how we analyze and operate our businesses going forward.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Analytics, Statistics or related field
- Strong analytical skills and project management skills
- Experience in analyzing data to draw business conclusions using statistical and data visualization techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets
- Working knowledge of relational database concepts
- Proactive and customer-minded
- 3+ Years of experience as a Business Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst, Data Analyst or related field
- Experience with SQL, R, Python, or other structured query languages
- Exposure to database administration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
- High attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Detail oriented, proactive, and possesses a high level of integrity
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design, and data mining
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Proficient in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, D365, and/or Azure
- Proficient in Microsoft Power Suite (Power BI, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Maintaining a data warehousing and information access platform for our entire organization
- Assists departments and companies with training and support – general Information Access Support, Data Exposure Requests, Training
- Developing and implementing data analyses, data collection systems, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Pull and secure data from various databases and data warehouses for analysis
- Interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques
- Provide reporting, analysis, and recommendations for executive presentations
- Special projects/analysis as assigned by Executive Team
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.