Voice & Data Network Engineer
Company: APi Group, Inc.
Location: New Brighton, MN
Our IT Department has an immediate opening for a full time APi Group Voice & Data Network Engineer. This position will be responsible for aligning technology for the Voice & Data capabilities for APi Group and;
- Actively embracing the APi Group IT Playbook.
- Extending our teams capabilities through collaboration with our partners, customers and suppliers.
- Engaging in, contributing to, and promoting “Communities of Excellence” throughout the company.
- Building and supporting secure, stable, scalable, and resilient capabilities.
- Providing agile and innovative solutions that support our evolving business.
- Creating and maintaining monthly reporting mechanism to provide visibility of technology usage, lifecycle management, support and service levels for proactive management decisions.
- Be a strong communicator with the ability to interact and report out to IT Leadership.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BS in a technical discipline or a combination of education and experience.
- 5 or more years of experience in network and voice engineering in a large organization.
- 5 years of experience with VoIP, SIP Trunks, Cisco Call Center, Cisco switching and routing.
- 5 years of experience with WAN, LAN, QoS, MPLS, TCP/IP, DNS, BGP, OSPF & EIGRP.
- CCNP as a minimum.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to coordinate downtime on impacting activities to various stakeholders.
- Ability to troubleshoot network and systems related to a corporate technology structure.
- Willingness to constantly update oneself on new software and market conditions.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal skills.
- Self-directed and motivated.
- Experience with routers and switches from other vendors.
In This Role You Will:
- Use your expertise in network and voice engineering.
- Be the resident subject matter expert for VoIP, SIP Trunks, Cisco Call Center, Cisco switching and routing.
- Optimize APi Group Inc WAN, LAN, QoS, MPLS, TCP/IP, DNS, BGP, OSPF & EIGRP.
- Provide timely, detailed status reports for assigned activities.
- Develop strong effective partnership with the Technical Leaders within the IT Community.
- Support goals of cross-training so every primary role on the team has at least one qualified second.
- Escalate impact or critical issues caused by network activities in a timely fashion.
- Provide technical solutions to support efforts in increasing margins, lower costs, and out-perform the competition.
- Provide a baseline capability that is highly efficient and effective at a predictable cost; provide support for rapid and efficient new company acquisitions; are proactive, not reactive; are accountable; create and maintain partnerships between teams, IT professionals, vendors, companies, etc.; and seek and assist in identifying and developing value add business opportunities using technology innovation.
- Support all IT community member’s journey to “Building Great Leaders” (APi Group Purpose).
- Adopt authentic behaviors that positively influence your success and the success of others.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
What You Are Known For:
- Your vast knowledge and subject matter expertise in network and voice engineering.
- Your mastery of WAN, LAN, QoS, MPLS, TCP/IP, DNS, BGP, OSPF & EIGRP networks and protocols.
- You enjoy being helpful and you take pride in helping ensure the growth of the company and the success of your projects, teammates, and clients.
- You are self-directed.
- You are performance driven and your detail orientation and expertise elevate performance deliverables.
- You artistically adapt your communications skills to your audience regardless of function, level, or expertise.
- You are known as a problem-solver and your thirst for knowledge means you are consistently improving your skills and knowledge through self-directed learning and continuous improvement research.
- Team player and high-level collaborator.
- Your highly organized nature is paired with flexibility and adaptability. You thrive in fast paced environment.
- You are a trusted advisor to senior IT management.
- Excellent organizational skills and analytic, problem-solving skills.
- Impeccable confidentiality, attention to detail, and self-organization.
- Your deep understanding and appreciation for others and your consistent treatment of others as you would have them treat you.
- You are recognized as a culture shaper and business builder.
- Please include your telephone number(s) and the best time to call you.
- Candidates must currently be eligible to work for any employer in the United States.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Travel requirements are minimal – 10%.
- APi Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
See all of our current job openings.