Gas Pipeline Construction Safety Director
Company: Mid-Ohio Pipeline Services
Location: Lexington, OH
Mid-Ohio Pipeline is continuously dedicated to providing the pipeline industry with services that exceed the expectations of our customers, while maintaining the highest regard for safety, quality, and the environment. We will provide the safest, most competent and best trained personnel that the industry has to offer. Our mission to provide competitively priced services, constructed in a timely manner while maintaining impeccable quality will not waiver at Mid-Ohio Pipeline.
Gas Pipeline Construction Safety Director will have a 4 year safety oriented degree with at least 5 years’ experience in a construction safety position or ten years of construction safety experience. The successful candidates will be enthusiastic, hardworking, organized, hands-on person with good technical and communication skills, problem solving capability, and the ability to work independently.
- 5 years’ experience in construction safety and a 4-year degree, or 10 years construction safety.
- OSHA 500
- Ability to work in all types of weather.
- Ability to travel throughout service territories; Ohio centered operations with some travel in Midwest and Southeast.
- Office based position in Lexington, OH.
- Experience in managing safety in a gas pipeline distribution and transmission preferred.
- Must complete and pass a pre‐employment drug test and criminal background check.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to travel required.
- Must be able to work long hours and weekends if needed.
- Must pass practical exam.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as delegated to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Essential Job functions:
- Lead a team of safety professionals to effectively execute safety programs and initiatives to make our safety culture world class.
- Interact with customers and contractor employees on a regular basis in meetings and jobsite visits to provide leadership in safety.
- Direct full-time safety professional assignments to best serve our customers and employees.
- Administer company operator qualification program, safety related training, and maintain company related customer portals (ISNetworld)
- Monitor forward and rear looking indicators and industry trends to create a comprehensive and dynamic plan for continuous improvement of company safety.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.