Company: Jomax Construction Company, Inc.
Location: Greeley, CO
OFFICE LOCATION FLEXIBLE: Greeley, CO, Broken Arrow, OK, Great Bend, KS
Experienced leader with an education in Safety or Risk, responsible for providing leadership, strategic direction, coordination and supervision of Jomax safety and health programs. The following list of core responsibilities should not be considered all-inclusive, but very representational of the expectations set forth by the organization.
- Safety or Risk Control related degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in safety.
- Preferred experience in the pipeline industry.
- Preferred bilingual – English and Spanish.
- Hold the belief that all incidents are preventable.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional planning, time-management and follow-through.
- Strong relationship building skills, both internal and external.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work with a variety of technology – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook required.
- Ability to review, analyze and discuss safety/risk information and/or data.
- Ability to work effectively with a team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and complex situations.
- Ability to travel >50% overnight required.
- Believe that ZERO incidents is possible.
- Compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- No ethics violations.
- A drug and alcohol-free workplace.
- Honesty, integrity, ethical behavior.
- Do what’s right, when you say you are going to do it, the first time.
- Embrace a commitment to learning and development, recognizing areas you need improvement on and a responsibility to mentor and coach others.
- Be self-motivated, demonstrate an ability to think outside of basic fundamentals of the job description to add value in the furtherance of company vision, goals and success,
- Be actively engaged,
- Share information and offer and receive feedback (both positive and negative),
- Respect company and customer property including vehicles and equipment,
- Conduct self with “can-do” attitude,
- Be accountable and relevant. Don’t let yourself be replaceable.
- Support and believe in our Commitment to Zero and Striving Towards Excellence and Professionalism in Safety (STEPS) efforts.
- Support our Driving Without Distractions initiative.
- Lead the direction of company’s overall health and safety program.
- Support company risk management goals and incorporate them into the annual company business plan(s).
- Communicate with and involve executive leadership with respect to safety and risk management goals, objectives and key performance indicators.
- Hire, onboard, lead, mentor and manage Site Safety Coordinators.
- Regularly engage with field team members to assist and monitor loss prevention efforts.
- Influence field leadership through coaching, feedback and continued training activities to assist in building the skills necessary to execute loss prevention activities.
- Assist in maintaining regulatory compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Create and deliver training opportunities to all levels of the team.
- Perform frequent job site evaluations, determine employee exposure(s) and institute acceptable work practices.
- Act as the company’s Designated Employer Representative (DER) to manage the company’s drug testing program, maintain the company’s drug testing pool list and assure team members that need to be random tested are accounted for and tested.
- Ensure that required background checks and DMV records checks are done in a timely manner and comply with company policy
- Assist Project Superintendents with site-specific safety requirements.
- Maintain the company’s responsibilities with regards to ISNetworld and other third-party pre-qualification agencies.
- Work with APi Group, Inc. and APi Group, Inc. Risk Management Department on investigations, records, reports, claims, incidents and other items.
- Be the coordinator for all incidents, maintain records, work in partnership with APi Group Risk Management and share trends to prevent reoccurrence throughout the organization.
- Manage all incident investigations.
- Complete and maintain OSHA required 300 and 300A forms and report as required to OSHA and APi Group, Inc.
- Review and maintain driver’s hours-of-service logs and service records.
- Maintain a driver’s file on every CDL driver for 3 years previous and a record of expiration dates of DLs and Health Certificates. Authenticate the examining physician’s credentials.
- Participate in meetings as required such as insurance reviews, claim reviews, client/project-specific meetings, policy review, etc.,
- Act as the administrator to NCCER, Veriforce, ANR, Arkiv, Prov, PTC, OSHA, PEC, FMCSA/DOT, and PHMSA, NAICS.
- Represent the company with APCR and APCA.
- Assist in giving OQ assessments and performance verifications.
- Monitor and measure loss performance from corporate level as well as project level.
- Continuously search for trends in incidents reported and opportunities for prevention.
Medical, Dental, PTO, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.