Microsoft Dynamics AX Developer
Company: APi Group, Inc.
Location: New Brighton, MN
APi Group, Inc. in New Brighton MN is seeking a Microsoft Dynamics AX developer to join us full-time to assist us as our business continues to expand. The Dynamics AX Developer will assist in the design and development of deliverables identified through conversations with system analysts and end users. The Dynamics AX Developer will spend most of his/her time executing tasks related to the delivery of Dynamics customizations, report writing, data migration and integrations. The position requires familiarity with all phases of Dynamics AX software development life cycle.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 4+ years X++ coding experience
- Experience with multiple AX functional modules
- Experience building AIF applications
- Experience creating and maintaining SSRS reports
- Familiarity with MorphX IDE, and all development and debugging tools
- Expertise with additional languages and tools: SQL, XML, .NET (C# or other), Visual Studio
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Microsoft AX Developer certifications a plus
- D365F&O experience a plus
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and code additions and updates to current AX 2012 system per requirements captured from business units.
- Customize Dynamics AX using .NET, X++, and other technologies that interface with Dynamics AX.
- Translate business requirements into well architected technical solutions that best leverage the capabilities of the Microsoft Dynamics AX platform.
- Perform debugging and testing of all AX code and assist with any issues related to production or development environments.
- Execute all phases of software development to include design and planning, development, unit testing, QA testing, installation, deployment, and production support.
- Modify existing features, and writes new features, conforming to AX best practices.
- Troubleshoot and fix bugs and performance issues in AX applications.
- Create and modify SSRS reports.
- Create and modify SSAS data cubes.
- Know when to use existing AX functionality and when to customize.
- Write code to integrate AX to the web and other systems.
- Set and meets deadlines. Create and follows a project plan for larger projects.
- Create technical documentation.
- Assist the System Administrator with the installation, configuration, and maintenance of Dynamics AX and related software (SQL, SSAS/BI, MR).
- Provide support and advice to non-technical users.
- Work independently as well as collaborating with end users, managers, and fellow members of the IT Team.
- Become a D365F&O subject matter expert as we continue to update and grow our systems and installations.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
What You Are Known For:
- Your development skills are on the grow. Continuous technical skill development is something others recognize in you.
- You look upon D365 with “bring it on” zeal.
- You are a champion in partnering with highly technical and diverse teams.
- You take an exemplary degree of ownership in producing accurate and bug free code.
- You are highly communicative and you work well with IT Directors, Managers, and non-IT executive leaders.
- Your deep experience prompts you to raise your hand before a containable issue or scope creep leads to cost and timeline overruns.
- You are a trusted advisor to internal and external customers and subject matter experts.
- Excellent organizational skills and analytic, problem-solving skills.
- Impeccable confidentiality, attention to detail, and self-organization.
To Be Considered
Please send your resume and any supportive documentation to John Amodeo at [email protected]. Please include your telephone number(s) and the best time to call you. Qualified applicants will be contacted within 24 hours of your introductory correspondence. An employment application and self-disclosure statements will be requested after your first in person interview at our New Brighton location.
APi Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Please note that candidates must currently be eligible to work for any employer in the United States. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
See all of our current job openings.