Software Quality Assurance Lead
Company: APi Group, Inc.
Location: New Brighton, MN
APi Group, Inc. in New Brighton MN is seeking a Quality Assurance Lead to join us full-time to assist us as our business continues to expand. The Quality Assurance Lead will be responsible for providing QA strategy and oversight as well as working with specific project teams and individuals to help implement, maintain and innovate testing strategies. This is an individual contributor role without direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline.
- 5 or more years of experience in Quality Assurance.
- You have proficient experience in test case management as well as mobile and performance testing strategies.
- You can write, organize, and execute tests - including optimizing and designing.
- You have strong working knowledge and implementation practice of software development life-cycle and testing tools.
- Willingness and ability to work core hours Monday through Friday in New Brighton, MN. This is not a telecommuter (remote) position.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics AX/D365.
- Familiarity with Automated testing tools
- Work on Voice tickets out of our Field Support portal. These are mostly Tier 1 type tickets: Name changes on phones, troubleshoot headsets and phones, order new phones and headsets when needed, do voice configuration changes for sites, etc.
- Provide technical advice on test strategy, test management and test execution with an emphasis on developing consistent, repeatable, and scalable testing activities.
- Provide recommendations in regard to QA industry standard approaches on supporting deployments, tool use, and integrations.
- Provide necessary definition, development and deployment of the Quality Assurance (QA) strategies, processes and metrics, addressing all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Ensure the delivery of quality assurance testing to meet business and user goals and objectives.
- Manage the viability, functionality and effectiveness of the QA environment (hardware platforms and software tools) by utilizing test automation and regressions.
- Create and manage the planning and execution of release/deployment testing efforts, including all associated personnel and environment resources required to meet committed delivery dates.
- Design, deploy, and maintain automated testing scripts based on requirements.
- Keeps management informed of important developments, risk areas, potential problems, and related information necessary for decision making.
- Anticipates product release problems and take corrective action, escalating as needed, to resolve and achieve commitments.
- Conducts and/or directs test planning, test execution, defect (bug) tracking and reporting, and follow-up and issue resolution.
- Writes product release test lists (requirements), test cases and test scripts based upon specification documents and business user interactions.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
What You Are Known For:
- You bring your brain to work. You’re not a rookie and you assess a situation or platform and recommend possible solutions.
- Because you’re a seasoned professional, you know what needs to be done and you know how to work with partners to make it happen.
- You’re a Software Tester that has worked within different SDLC methodologies (Agile, waterfall, iterative, etc.).
- You’re proficient at determining root causes around issues and identify, recommend and implement solutions.
- You’ve created or contributed to automation and performance strategies and you write tests based on your deep testing knowledge.
- You are a technical testing and tool domain expert and you have crafted and/or contributed to one or more testing frameworks and can speak to the differences between them.
- You understand the unique challenges that mobile technology introduces to the SDLC and have built and implemented solutions to address those challenges.
- You can provide informal knowledge transition and/or hands-on training with other team members.
- You have the ability to teach and learn from co-workers and share information and experiences in a variety of communication modes
- You are flexible and adaptable when needed, but you know when to deep-dive and focus on the task at hand.
- You like to learn and actively seek new skills and knowledge to keep up with the changing technology field, including bringing any new ideas to the team.
- You are a trusted advisor to internal and external customers and subject matter experts.
- Excellent organizational skills and analytic, problem-solving skills.
- Impeccable confidentiality, attention to detail, and self-organization.
- Your deep understanding and appreciation for others and your consistent treatment of others as you would have them treat you.
- You are recognized as a culture shaper and business builder.
To Be Considered
Please send your resume and any supportive documentation to John Amodeo at [email protected]. Please include your telephone number(s) and the best time to call you. Qualified applicants will be contacted within 24 hours of your introductory correspondence. An employment application and self-disclosure statements will be requested after your first in person interview at our New Brighton location.
APi Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Please note that candidates must currently be eligible to work for any employer in the United States. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
See all of our current job openings.