Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer
Company: APi Group, Inc.
Location: New Brighton, MN
APi Group, Inc. in New Brighton MN is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer to join us full-time to assist us as our business continues to expand. The primary duties of this position will be to create and manage BI and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge. This position will require previous experience as a business intelligence analyst and developer and a background in data warehouse design. This is an individual contributor role without direct reports.
- 5 or more years of experience as a business intelligence analyst
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server stack (SSMS, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS)
- Background in data warehouse design, dimensional modeling, and tabular modeling
- Data modeling skills (normalization and star/snowflake schema, tabular modeling)
- Data validation skills (anomaly detection and checksum)
- Power BI experience.
- Experience with Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) and leveraging within Power BI
- Data visualization skills (design thinking)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a challenging, fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Flexibility to work at times outside business hours to meet project deadlines
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, detail orientated, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate with senior management and executives
- Familiarity with Office 365 and Azure technologies such as Data Factory, Data Lake, DataBricks, Blob Storage, SQL Data Warehouse, Analysis Services, IOT Hub, SharePoint Online, PowerApps, Flow
- Strong understanding of security within an integrated on-premise and cloud-based business intelligence environment
- Balance your time between architecture and data modeling and development (data warehousing, datamarts, BI reporting).
- Work on and complete multiple projects and deliverables with limited supervision and be able to work independently and in a highly collaborative team setting
- Participate in the analysis, design and development of data architecture and warehousing approaches.
- Perform optimization of MS SQL queries and packages to ensure top performance.
- Responsible for the performance and usability of the business intelligence system.
- Participate in change management discussions and adhere to all change management policies.
- Help the business be more competitive and own the analytics that supports them. When there is a problem, fix it. Suggest improvements. Foster creative solutions. Listen to the business needs.
- Understand the business and be able to articulate their needs into technical specifications and solutions.
- Perform business process re-engineering on existing reporting and analytics and leverage new technology to create better ways to analyze and act on data.
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions using Microsoft Power BI.
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects.
- Create effective and actionable dashboards.
- Own your projects and deliverables and drive them to a successful outcome.
- Provide excellent customer service.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
What You Are Known For:
- You are an analytical person who is open-minded and able to take a non-conventional approach to problem solving where precedent may not exist.
- A High level of commitment to delivering exceptional customer service
- You have the ability to teach and learn from co-workers and share information and experiences in a variety of communication modes
- You are flexible and adaptable when needed, but you know when to deep-dive and focus on the task at hand.
- You like to learn and actively seek new skills and knowledge to keep up with the changing technology field, including bringing any new ideas to the team.
- You are a trusted advisor to internal and external customers and subject matter experts.
- Excellent organizational skills and analytic, problem-solving skills.
- Impeccable confidentiality, attention to detail, and self-organization.
- Your deep understanding and appreciation for others and your consistent treatment of others as you would have them treat you.
To Be Considered
Please send your resume and any supportive documentation to John Amodeo at [email protected]. Please include your telephone number(s) and the best time to call you. Qualified applicants will be contacted within 24 hours of your introductory correspondence. An employment application and self-disclosure statements will be requested after your first in person interview at our New Brighton location.
APi Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Please note that candidates must currently be eligible to work for any employer in the United States. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
See all of our current job openings.