Vice President of Risk Management and Safety
Company: APi Group, Inc.
Location: New Brighton, MN
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business, risk management, insurance related field.
- Minimum 10 years of risk management or insurance experience.
- Solid working knowledge of property, liability, financial/professional insurance and construction safety.
- Solid interpersonal skills which enable the person to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside APi Group, Inc. at all levels of the organization.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint; Adobe, Internet browser at a minimum.
- Ability to communicate well in standard English, both verbally and in writing.
- Leadership and Team Development Champion. Leading Self, Leading Others, and Leading Teams.
- Strong ability to develop and maintain positive relationships through excellent customer service and communication, both internally and externally.
- Positive change leader. Specifically, supporting necessary change across the organization and always looking to continuously improve.
- Strong ability to develop and maintain strategic safety, loss prevention and risk management processes and procedures that improve performance on our team and throughout the organization.
- Enterprise risk management expertise: The ability to design, implement, and sustain.
- Contractual risk transfer leader/expert
Physical and Mental Demands
- Moving around in office environment
- Telephone conversations
- Use of e-mail
- Reading and creating documents, letter, memos and instructions
- Face to face discussions with individuals or teams
- Contact with others (in person, by e-mail or phone)
- Being highly accurate in all tasks
- Meeting strict deadlines, which involves pressure, organization, attention to detail
- Working with others in a group or team
- Being responsible and accountable for outcomes and results
- Manage APi’s insurable risks (WC, GL, Auto, Umbrella, Property, Pollution/Professional, Fiduciary, Crime, D&O, EPL, Aircraft, K&R) in the most economical and efficient manner
- Determine insurance profile including coverage, limits, and deductibles
- Maintain relationships with APi insurers and potential insurers
- Maximize value and service obtained from our insurance brokers
- Develop and manage annual insurance program renewal strategies
- Minimize collateral required to support APi’s insurance coverages
- Evaluate viability of insurance captives and establish captives, where appropriate
- Manage the insurance programs for APi’s foreign operations
- Understand, manage and resolve insurance coverage disputes
- Understand and manage involvement with owner and contractor-controlled insurance program (OCIP’s and CCIP’s)
- Manage contractual risk
- Develop and communicate strategy for overall mitigation of this risk
- Review contracts when operating company assistance is requested
- Work with inside and outside legal counsel, as needed
- Provide education to APi companies on managing contractual risk
- Manage acquisitions
- Review acquisition insurance coverage and determine strategy to integrate into APi’s program when appropriate
- Perform due diligence to ensure the organization is not assuming any problems or undue risk
- Complete comparative analysis of target company’s existing insurance programs with APi’s insurance programs
- Develop appropriate structures to encourage acquired companies to join APi’s insurance programs and integrate acquisitions into the APi insurance program when appropriate
- Lead claim management efforts
- Develop action plans to minimize claims costs
- Communicate claim activity to APi companies
- Manage the relationships with our TPA’s
- Oversee claims reviews
- Understand and manage the insurance premium allocations. Develop future strategies if program structure changes occur and assist in communicating this to all levels of the organization as needed
- Develop, manage and lead safety and loss prevention strategies for APi Group, Inc.
- Other duties at the request and direction of the CFO
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.