RME-I Fire Sprinkler Inspector
Company: American Fire Protection Group, Inc.
Location: Lubbock, TX
The RME-I Fire Sprinkler Inspector’s duties include testing and inspection of fire sprinkler systems with knowledge of multiple manufacturers’ products. We have a need for a self-motivated, customer service oriented Inspector with strong written and verbal communication skills. The Inspector will provide accurate and detailed inspections reports with all proper documentation of improvements and complications.
- High School diploma or GED
- Texas RME-I License is required
- NICET Level II or III preferred
- Texas Type B extinguisher license is a plus
- Texas BPAT backflow preventer license is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of life safety and NFPA codes
- Working knowledge of sprinkler controls, alarm panels, devices and critical components
- Willing to perform testing and maintenance
- Able to complete documentation as necessary; proficient in the use of personal computers and Microsoft Office, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willing to coordinate between inspection deficiencies and service required to correct found deficiencies
- Prepared to read and write English clearly
- Capability to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, AHJs (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) and the general public
- Strong values and a dedication to working with honesty and integrity at all times
- Commitment to excellence and driven to team success
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to use and learn computer software and devices.
- Well-developed active listening, critical thinking, and deductive reasoning skills
- Possess a valid driver’s license; in accordance with Company policy
- Willing to pass post-offer drug screen, background and reference check
- Perform routine inspections, testing and services of life safety product lines
- Responsible for operating with minimal supervision while performing fire protection inspections
- Daily communications with Project Manager and/or Schedule Coordinator on inspection or project delays, requirements and general status of job
- Work with Project Manager, Schedule Coordinator and Office Administrative Staff to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client (Confirm that work is completed so it can be billed in full)
- Focus on safety and safety practices first and foremost at all task inceptions, including Daily Huddles, Tool Box Talks, etc.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.