Fire Alarm & Detection Lead Technician
Company: American Fire Protection Group, Inc.
Location: Lubbock, TX
Fire Alarm Technicians install, inspect, and repair fire alarm systems in new and existing buildings in all types of construction, using conduit, hangers, wires, alarm devices, and panels. Technicians must be able to perform tests and inspections, and basic repair and maintenance on major makes and models of fire alarm systems with minimal supervision. The position is new for American Fire Protection Group in this market, and will be strongly supported through our network of offices. We are looking to build a department around this person. Candidate must have a strong set of applicable skills in the field, with the customers, and for developing others. We are looking for high-end, competent talent.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 5+ years of Fire Alarm Service Experience.
- Low Voltage Electronics Experience.
- Texas FAL license is required.
- Texas Type B Extinguisher License is a plus.
- New Mexico ES3J license is a plus.
- Special Hazard Experience is a plus.
- Factory panel certifications are a plus.
- NICET Certification II or above a plus.
- The ability to become NICET Certified required.
- Fire Alarm Design Experience a plus.
- Physically capable of performing the essential functions of being a fire alarm technician including: handling material potentially in excess of 80 lb; working with tools off scaffolds, ladders, and aerial lifts at heights potentially in excess of 100 ft; working in confined spaces; and working in adverse weather conditions.
- Prepared to read and write English proficiently.
- Capability to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, AHJs (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) and the general public.
- Strong values and a dedication to working with honesty and integrity at all times.
- Commitment to excellence and driven to team success.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use and learn computer software and devices.
- Well-developed active listening, critical thinking, and deductive reasoning skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license; in accordance with Company policy.
- Willing to pass post-offer drug screen, background and reference check.
- Effectively plan the day-to-day activities of the assembly, installation, and repair of fire alarm systems.
- Read and understand construction documents including plans, specifications, contracts, purchase orders, and agreements.
- Provide guidance and direction to crews in meeting the budgets and schedule dates of each project.
- Ensure job quality and customer satisfaction is maintained in every stage of the project.
- Interact with upper management and other trades, customers, and vendors/suppliers to build lasting relationships.
- Manage labor and materials to ensure the assigned tasks meet or beat budgets.
- Inform Leadership of all issues affecting production, materials, schedule, costs, and relationships.
- Serve as trainer and coach for crew members.
- Focus on safety and safety practices first and foremost at all task inceptions, including Daily Huddles, Tool Box Talks, etc.
- Attend all jobsite and office meetings related to assigned projects as needed and required, ensuring all necessary documentation is completed as required by GC/Owner.
- Interpret company policies for workers and enforce safety regulations.
- Plan and adjust work schedules to make the most efficient use of assigned manpower and other resources.
- Maintain solid working knowledge of applicable NFPA and Life Safety codes.
- Honor all schedules and internal and external customer commitments.
- Order materials, determine availability, coordinate deliveries, and manage job site materials.
- Assess need for equipment and maintain responsibility for all pieces while in your possession.
- Maintain all maintenance and upkeep of company provided vehicles, returning proper documentation as required.
- Maintain professional appearance at all times, ensuring uniforms are in good condition.
- Complete all required, mandatory, and recommended training.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.