Systems Administrator –Messaging, Azure, Active Directory, Group Policy Object, O365, Automation
Company: APi Group, Inc.
Location: New Brighton, MN
APi Group, Inc. in New Brighton, MN is seeking a versatile Systems Administrator to join us full-time to assist us as our business continues to expand. If you are seeking greater work variety, skills enhancement, and influence equity, consider bringing your systems administration skills (Active Directory, GPO, O365, and Messaging) to our organization. This hybrid role features traditional systems administration functions along with opportunities in Messaging, Automation (PowerShell and Exchange scripting), and Infrastructure (on prem storage along with VMware and Azure cloud work).
This position requires working Monday through Friday onsite at our New Brighton MN headquarters. This is not a telecommuter (remote work) position. Please note that candidates must currently be eligible to work for any employer in the United States. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
5 or more years in each of the following areas:
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Windows Servers/Clients
5 or more years of IT Experience with Data Center Hardware/Platforms.
3 or more years of Microsoft 365 Messaging Administrator experience.
3 or more years with disaster recovery options, implementation, and testing.
5 or more years of VMware experience.
Proven ability to support the following: (or 3 or more years of experience with)
- Microsoft Exchange/Email support (a big plus)
- SAN Storage Management
- Microsoft Office Products
- Hardware and Software Troubleshooting
- PowerShell and Exchange shell scripting
Ability to work Monday through Friday on premises at our New Brighton MN headquarters. This is not a telecommuter role.
Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate
In This Role You Will:
Core Systems Administration:
- Experience implementing, administering, and supporting global Microsoft Windows Active Directory networks including Directory Services, DNS, DHCP, WINS, DFS, Group Policies, File Security.
- Install, upgrade and monitor the Microsoft Windows Server operating systems.
- Configuration and maintenance of server hardware.
- Implementing and monitoring server security and access.
- Plan, recommend and implement changes and enhancements to the server infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Exchange versions 2013, 2016 and O365.
Infrastructure and Automation:
- Configuration and maintenance of VMware environment.
- Experience understanding, troubleshooting and writing PowerShell and Exchange Shell scripts.
- Manage modern messaging infrastructure.
- Manage databases.
- Manage disaster recovery.
- Manage mail flow topology.
- Manage recipients and devices.
- Secure the messaging environment.
- Manage role-based permissions.
- Manage message hygiene.
- Manage Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) for messaging.
- Manage compliance.
- Manage organizational settings.
- Configure organizational settings.
- Plan address lists.
- Administration of Azure platform primarily for Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Implementing and management of Azure resource including network and replication services.
- Management of Azure subscriptions and resources.
- Implementing and manage Azure storage.
- Deploying and managing Azure virtual machines.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
What You Are Known For:
- You are known as the subject matter expert as an individual contributor in Active Directory, Office 365 administration, and Microsoft messaging administration.
- You like to learn and actively seek new skills and knowledge to keep up with the changing technology field, including bringing any new ideas to the team.
- Your internal self-motivation.
- You are flexible and adaptable when needed. You know when to deep-dive and focus on the task at hand.
- You are a trusted advisor to internal and external customers and subject matter experts.
- Excellent organizational skills and analytic, problem-solving skills.
- Impeccable confidentiality, attention to detail, and self-organization.
- Your deep understanding and appreciation for others and your consistent treatment of others as you would have them treat you.
- A high level of commitment to delivering exceptional customer service.
To Be Considered
Please send your resume and any supportive documentation to John Amodeo at [email protected]. Please include your telephone number(s) and the best time to call you. An employment application and self-disclosure statements will be requested after your first in person interview at our New Brighton location.
APi Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Please note that candidates must currently be eligible to work for any employer in the United States. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
See all of our current job openings.