Company: American Fire Protection Group, Inc.
Location: San Antonio, TX
Are you someone who enjoys the challenge of seeking out new sales opportunities? Do you value caring and enduring relationships with others based on honesty and integrity? If you answered “yes!” to these questions, please read on!
American Fire Protection Group is currently seeking to add an ambitious Inspection Salesperson to our team in San Antonio.
If you are….
- An effective communicator
- Trustworthy and honest
- Organizationally savvy
….then we would love to talk to you!
- Sales experience related to the fire and life safety industry and/or building services and maintenance is a plus.
- Strong oral and written communications are a must.
- Willing to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, AHJs (Authorities Having Jurisdiction), and the general public.
- Business development and/or marketing experience is a plus.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Possess a valid driver’s license; in accordance with Company policy.
- Support AFPG’s goal of 20% annual growth of our service/inspection business.
- Establish contact with potential qualified buyers of inspection services by diligently scheduling sales calls, following up on leads quickly after they’re identified, and helping to execute outlined marketing strategies.
- Determine customer needs by conducting site surveys and reviewing your findings with the appropriate customer personnel.
- Prepare and present effective proposals that offer solutions to customer life safety issues.
- Contribute to the pricing approach of inspection and service accounts.
- Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog to support the established sales plan.
- Develop caring and enduring customer relationships that meet or exceed the expectations of our customers.
- Support other AFPG and APi Group teams in their initiatives as they relate to your territory.
- Lead customer presentations, “lunch and learns", and other relationship-building activities.
- Continually develop your understanding of all AFPG pricing strategies, worksheets and contract terms.
- Consistently evaluate if you’re “getting the right work with the right customers.”
- Learn and follow the AFPG Operating code 100% of the time.
Your success will be measured by your achievement of these objectives:
- Meeting or exceeding individual new sales, proposal, and customer connections goals.
- Being a relentless pursuer of knowledge about emerging technologies in the life safety industry, including updated policies and regulations in your market.
- Having a minimum of one face-to-face visit with an existing customer per week.
- Your commitment to speaking with customers with aged receivables approaching 120 days.
- Actively participating in at least one local trade organization.
- Taking an existing or potential customer to at least one relationship-building activity per month, and being able to identify ROI from these engagements.
- Being a regular participant in the Learning and Development opportunities available through AFPG and APi Group.
- Tracking all customer connections, proposals, and wins in AFPG supported customer relationship management (CRM).
- Salary + Commission
- Profit Sharing
- Vehicle Allowance
- Company Cell Phone
- Health Insurance
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.