Company: APi Group, Inc.
Location: New Brighton, MN
Provide expert, timely legal services to the executive Leadership team and all internal/external stakeholders. This role serves as the primary point of contact to APi Group and its subsidiaries and affiliates on all manner of legal and strategic issues, including SEC reporting and filing, mergers and acquisitions, contract review, negotiation and drafting, risk-mitigation, real estate transactions, leasing, banking transactions, corporate governance and corporate records management, compliance issues, and litigation, while managing and overseeing outside counsel as necessary.
- Superior integrity and professional ethics
- Self-driven team player able to collaborate alongside external and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to negotiate and draft all manner of complex commercial contracts.
- Diverse legal experience, including litigation experience and transactional experience in a public company setting.
- Identify issues and critically analyze wide-ranging issues facing the business.
- Superior judgment; handle confidential information in a trustworthy manner.
- Interact effectively with all levels of professionals, including executives, in a strategic capacity.
- Excellent communication, time management and organization skills.
- Communicate effectively and professionally both orally and written; clearly communicate information.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff and management.
- Must be able to multitask efficiently while meeting strict deadlines.
- Flexibility and capability to address changing priorities.
- Business acumen
Licensed to practice law in the State of Minnesota
Experience (minimum # years): 10-15
Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex legal and technical documents. Ability to compose varying types of documents for widely varying audiences. Ability to provide understandable oral presentations on complex topics.
Adobe Acrobat PDF Editor
Ability to calculate figures and to understand basic business accounting principles.
- Execute and manage legal functions in connection with mergers, acquisitions, real estate transactions, leasing transactions, lending transactions, and other transactions as necessary on behalf of APi and its subsidiaries and affiliates, utilizing and overseeing outside counsel as necessary.
- Knowledge of construction industry and construction contracts; ability to draft documents to protect companies’ interests and ensure risk is mitigated.
- Review, draft and provide advice regarding contracts and agreements, including all manner of contracts common to the construction industry and/or a general transactional practice (e.g., purchase orders, change orders, indemnity agreements, confidentiality agreements, master service agreements, purchase agreements, employment agreements, leases, lending agreements, etc.)
- Understanding of corporate structuring and corporate governance issues; ability to prepare and manage corporate records on behalf APi Group, its subsidiaries, and affiliates
- Advise APi Group and its subsidiaries and affiliates and its and their leadership on myriad other issues affecting the businesses
- Coordinate legal aspects of SEC reporting and filing
- Manage government contract compliance and other compliance issues affecting the organization, providing training as appropriate
- Collaborate and bid outside counsel
- Manage legal budget
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.