IT Operations - Finance & Data Lead
Company: APi Group
Location: New Brighton, MN
APi Group, Inc. in New Brighton MN is seeking a talented and versatile IT Operations Finance and Data Lead to join us full-time to assist us in providing process support and day-to-day office coordination for IT group financial data. The IT Operations Finance and Data Lead oversees and ensures the timely delivery and reporting of IT budget and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) related project(s) in accordance with GAAP standards and APi Group guidelines. The Lead is instrumental in participating in internal controls strategy to identify and mitigate risks while meeting key stakeholders' expectations. A strong understanding of financial/budget management, annual budget preparation, contract management and SOX is required as part of this role. The Lead will work directly with the IT leadership team for the purposes of tracking, recording, and reporting on all IT financial-related activities.
- 5 or more years planning and preparing annual operating budgets and monthly budget management.
- 5 or more years working with senior leaders (IT Directors and/or IT Managers, HR generalists, Accounting leadership).
- Demonstrated excellence with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- 5 years of experience with Sarbanes Oxley compliance & remediation.
- 3 or more years of managing leadership calendars, travel, invoices, credit card reconciliation, and basic AP/AR/GL responsibilities.
- 2 or more years of managing relationships with vendor partners and reviewing and maintaining contract documents.
- Friendly, flexible, punctual, and proactive individual with a willing attitude and polished spoken/written communications skills.
- High personal quality standards and attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to work core hours Monday through Friday in New Brighton, MN from 7:30AM to 4:30PM. This is not a telecommuter (remote) position.
Preferred Experience (but not required):
- Previous experience with Microsoft OneDrive, OneNote, Teams, Yammer, SharePoint and Visio.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Previous Marketing experience with creating professionally written communications.
- Previous experience with maintaining documents in SharePoint.
- Previous experience reconciling travel costs (i.e.—Concur).
In This Role You Will:
- Manage the IT operations budget and coordinate all internal teams in annual budget planning, as well as monthly budget management.
- Oversee financial-related documentation as well as revisions for appropriate financial tracking and reporting.
- Oversee the IT contracts management capability and align it with monthly and annual financial processes/reporting.
- Oversee all processes related to financial coordination/budget oversight as well as standardized and ad hoc financial reporting. This includes process reviews, updates, implementation and compliance.
- Prepare annual budget in conjunction with APi Group standards. In cooperation with CIO, Operations Manager, and IT Directors, review prior financial results and align on anticipated changes to highlight future needs and trends of the department.
- Lead the IT Chargeback Program capability including the annual program review, coordination and updates with IT and company leaders to accurately chargeback software license costs to all appropriate APi Group companies.
- Maintain and track operational and capital costs.
- Lead benchmarking or process improvement initiatives to improve controls, make processes more efficient and effective, and/or reduce cycle time for IT SOX Compliance.
- Assist business units with SOX-related issues, including compliance with annual calendar, process level risk assessments, documentation, and control deficiency evaluation.
- Participate in IT department audits and work with the IT Leadership team to execute the plan on time and within budget.
- Prepare documentation in adherence to internal audit professional standards, best practices and API Group methodology.
- Provide work direction to Operations staff and contractors for general office functions related to financial tracking, budgets, and financial reporting.
What You Are Known For:
- Your ability to prepare and manage operations and capital budgets.
- Successful coordination of annual business and budget planning as well as monthly budget management.
- Timely and accurate IT budget and program reporting to IT and company leaders.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and excellence with Microsoft Office tools with expertise in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. This includes key proficiencies in formulas, macros, pivot tables, slicers, Vlookups.
- Communication skills matched to your audience. You instill confidence with non-IT stakeholders by communicating in a way that they understand and respect.
- Your ability to remain positive, flexible and shift focus when needed in a fast-paced working environment.
- Impeccable confidentiality, integrity, attention to detail, and self-organization.
- You ask your internal clients and external partners the right questions and proactively follow up with status updates and change control suggestions in a timely fashion.
- Internal and external customers say they never have to “chase” you.
- You love what you do and it shows in your approach to your work as well as your positive attitude towards others.
- Organizational efficiency and multitasking capabilities featuring admirable self-determination and independent drive.
- Your deep understanding and appreciation for others and your consistent treatment of others as you would have them treat you.
- Presenting agile and innovative ideas that lead to solutions that support evolving business.
- Being the right hand of proactive support to ensure that your inner circle leaders have the communications, reports, and advance notification of change management opportunities, guardrail encroachments, and potential issues before things escalate.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
To Be Considered:
Please send your resume and any supportive documentation to John Amodeo at [email protected]. Please include your telephone number(s) and the best time to call you. Qualified applicants will be contacted within 24 hours of your introductory correspondence. An employment application and self-disclosure statements will be requested after your first in person interview at our New Brighton location.
APi Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Please note that candidates must currently be eligible to work for any employer in the United States. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
See all of our current job openings.