Fire Alarm Lead Technician
Company: Sunland Fire Protection Inc.
Sunland Fire Protection is currently seeking to add an ambitious Fire Alarm Lead Technician for our team in High Point, NC.
If you are…
- An effective communicator
- Trustworthy and honest
- Organizationally savvy
…then we would love to get an application from you!
- High School diploma or GED – College Degree a plus.
- Experience with
- Fire Alarm Service
- Low Voltage Electronics
- Special Hazards a plus
- Notifier/Fire Lite/Silent Knight
- Fire Alarm Design
- NICET Certification II or above a plus.
- The ability to become NICET Certified required.
- Physically capable of performing the essential functions of being a fire alarm technician including: handling material potentially in excess of 80lb; working with tools off scaffolds, ladders, and aerial lifts at heights potentially in excess of 100 ft; working in confined spaces; and working in adverse weather conditions.
- Strong values and a dedication to working with honesty and integrity at all times.
- Commitment to excellence.
- Advanced written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Well-developed active listening, critical thinking, and deductive reasoning skills.
- Have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable DMV record.
- Effectively plan the day-to-day activities of the assembly, installation, and repair of fire alarm systems.
- Install and service alarm panels, audible/visual alarms, pull stations, and detectors for fire alarm systems.
- Understand the relationship between Volts, Amps, Current, and Resistance as well as AC and DC Current.
- Use a digital multi-meter as a tool for trouble shooting ground faults, shorts, and open circuits on fire alarm systems.
- Install and service communicators for monitoring systems.
- Inspect, service, and maintain fire extinguishers.
- Fabricating, assembling, installing, and maintaining conduit, junction boxes, terminals, and equipment for fire alarm systems.
- Cut, ream, and bend conduit to specifications, using tools such as saws, levels, reamers, and benders.
- Assemble and secure EMT and flexible conduits, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, with EMT and squeeze connectors.
- Strip, pull, and terminate wire to fire alarm devices using crimps, solder, shrink tubing, tape, wire nuts, and terminal blocks.
- Attach conduits to walls, structures, and fixtures using brackets, clamps, tools, or anchors.
- Inspect, examine, and test installed systems, using fire alarm testing equipment, load testing, visual, and audible observation, or other methods.
- Program single line circuit, modules, sensors, and input/output devices for fire alarm panels.
- Measure and mark conduits for cutting and bending.
- Lay out full scale drawings of fire alarm systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
- Read and understand construction documents including plans, specifications, contracts, purchase orders, and agreements.
- Provide guidance and direction to crews in meeting the budgets and schedule dates of each project.
- Ensure job quality and customer satisfaction is maintained in every stage of the project.
- Inform Leadership of all issues affecting production, materials, schedule, costs, and relationships.
- Serve as role model, trainer, and coach for crew members.
- Focus on safety and safety practices first and foremost at all task inceptions, including Daily Huddles, Tool Box Talks, etc.
- Maintain solid working knowledge of applicable NFPA and Life Safety codes.
- Honor all schedules and internal and external customer commitments.
- Assess need for equipment and maintain responsibility for all pieces while in your possession.
- Perform all maintenance and upkeep of company provided vehicles, returning proper documentation as required.
- Maintain professional appearance at all times.
- Complete all required and recommended training through participation in the many leadership and development opportunities that will provided to you.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.