Alarm Technician Trainee
Company: Sunland Fire Protection Inc.
Location: High Point, NC
Sunland Fire Protection is growing! Because of that growth, we are seeking qualified applicants for an open Alarm Technician Trainee position.
If you are…
- Eager to learn with a coachable attitude
- Trustworthy, honest, and value integrity
- An effective communicator
…. then we would love to get an application from you!
- Maintaining a positive attitude and representing Sunland as the top-notch quality contractor we are known to be.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Experience with low voltage wiring.
- Advanced written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, fundamentals of plane and solid, geometry, and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Being physically fit to meet the rigors of the job.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Well-developed active listening, critical thinking, and deductive reasoning skills.
- Assisting the Alarm Technician
- Completing fire alarm installations, inspections, and service work as well as verifying system performance, and maintaining records per NFPA 72 and the National Electric Code.
- Completing security alarm installations, inspections, and service work as well as verifying system performance, and maintaining records per the National Electric Code.
- Completing access control and CCTV installations inspections, and service work as well as verifying system performance, and maintaining records per the National Electric Code.
- Learning how to establish fire and security alarm systems by installing equipment; running and pulling wiring; programming equipment; adhering to codes, regulations, and standards.
- Continuing to expand knowledge of fire alarm systems so you can become a Fire Alarm Technician through
- On-the-job training.
- Participating in the many leadership and development opportunities available through Sunland and our parent company.
- Reading technical publications.
- Reading, committing to memory, and thoroughly understanding NFPA 72.
- Keeping current with new technology, state, and local codes.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K.
See all of our current job openings.