- Search Jobs
- Special Hazards, Alarm & Detection (SHAD) Contracts Superintendent
Special Hazards, Alarm & Detection (SHAD) Contracts Superintendent
Company: American Fire Protection Group, Inc.
Location: North Little Rock, AR
The SHAD Contracts Superintendent is responsible for supervising all field related activities and day-to-day operations for the Contract Department, providing necessary training and tools to field crews and holding them accountable for completing Contract jobs within budgeted labor hours, ensuring safety is always maintained.
- Financial Acumen: Interprets and applies understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
- Ensures Accountability: Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Optimizes Work Processes: Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Communicates Effectively: Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Plans and Aligns: Operates effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear.
- Decision Quality: Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Instills Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Your success will be measured on the following:
- High level of understanding of project mobilization.
- Superior knowledge of project schedules and labor forecasting.
- Clear understanding of all employees’ current skills and abilities and leveraging those to increase profitability.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert concerning NFPA and local codes and standards.
- Proper tool and equipment needs.
- Monitoring job productivity and implementing methods to promote cost control.
- Proactively managing field operating costs; including staff, vehicles, tools, equipment, etc.
- Providing accurate projections of Cost-to-Complete (CTC).
- Assisting sales team in achieving accurate labor and equipment estimates.
- Taking a proactive approach to identifying and addressing issues (internally and externally).
- Staying positive and encouraging strong morale, including empowering others to do their best.
- Motivating team members with appropriate recognition and encouragement.
- Removing obstacles to ensure success of team.
- Conducting at least three safety observations per month.
- Maintaining proper safety conditions and training for field crews.
- Ensuring all required licenses and certifications are in place and up-to-date.
- Ensuring the field has all necessary manufacturers’ training / certifications for equipment and materials.
- Proactively manage the quality of work performed in the field; intervene as required to ensure quality control standards are met.
- Consistently supervise crews to ensure completion of projects within budgeted labor hours.
- Maintain proper crew mix and complete contract construction schedule.
- Manage needs of the field, ensuring tools, stock, vehicles, and equipment are in proper quantity and condition.
- Set goals for field teams and ensure their development from new hires to foremen.
- As you progress in your career, seek to train your replacement.
- Identify, hire, and develop new crew members as required.
- Create an environment of professionalism, integrity, honesty, quality work, and success.
- Build and maintain caring and enduring relationships.
- Up-sell the full array of AFPG services, especially those outside of your department.
- Travel as required to job sites, or as directed by the Operations Leader.
- Enforce contractual starting and quitting times, including lunch and break periods.
- Maintain an orderly departmental environment, including making sure team members are maintaining departmental records and file systems in accordance with the Little Rock Division directives.
- Work proactively to plan tool, equipment, and material deliveries with foremen.
- Monitor delays or work stoppages; promote immediate reporting from foremen regarding issues on job sites.
- Ensure that all AFPG workers respect the customer’s property, dispose of trash properly, and are aware of their surroundings to avoid property damage.
- Understand, follow, and enforce all customer, APi Group, and AFPG safety and security policies and procedures.
- Obey all safe, reasonable, and legitimate leadership directives.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.