- Search Jobs
- Executive Legal Assistant to the General Counsel and Secretary and Segment Leaders
Executive Legal Assistant to the General Counsel and Secretary and Segment Leaders
Company: APi Group
Location: New Brighton, MN
In this role, you will support the General Counsel and Secretary, along with support for Segment Leaders’ travel and calendars. In addition, you will have a reporting dotted line to the Executive Assistant to the President and CEO
- Ability to write effective clear and grammatically correct correspondence.
- Excellent communication skills including professional receptionist skills and telephone etiquette.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion.
- Ability and willingness to learn and understand our market, customers, products and supplier operations.
- Ability to operate with a sense of urgency and calmness under stress.
- Independent judgment and appropriate capabilities are necessary to represent the leadership team.
- Ability to work proactively and independently when assigned tasks and projects.
- Experience operating in a high-profile executive assistant position that interacts with all levels of management including senior executives and Board members.
- Experience in a public company; direct experience working with a listing organization (NYSE or Nasdaq) is a plus.
- Ability to work full-time and on-site at APi facilities, and to maintain a regular and reliable schedule, is essential
COMPETENCIES AND OTHER SKILLS
- Ability to proactively support multiple independent team members - thinking ahead and anticipating needs
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills - keeping team members updated on status of requests
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team member
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and priorities while maintaining a high level of quality and confidentiality
- Flexibility and adaptability to change, strong organizational skills with a process-improvement mindset and the ability to effectively prioritize workload
- High level of energy, quick learner and can-do attitude, comfortable working with confidential information
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Post-secondary education, or equivalent on the job experience desired
- 3 years executive assistant experience, preferably in a legal setting
- Advanced PowerPoint, SharePoint and Teams skills
- Strong project management skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently handles administrative duties and projects including: composing general and executive correspondence; providing research; and preparing confidential financial and legal reports.
- Work with third party systems as an administrator (NAVEX, Computershare, NYSE, Etc.).
- Prepare, organize and archive materials and communications to the Board.
- Draft simple resolutions, minutes and proofread legal material.
- Maintains official corporate documents, reports and officer listings for all subsidiaries.
- Process and maintain registrations for various corporate entities.
- Process apostille and certification requests.
- Draft responses to various legal requests.
- Draft initial version of routine contracts, like NDAs.
- Handle complex calendar management
- Coordinate complex meeting and event scheduling including: confirming meeting room/facility availability: coordinating attendees’ availability; making travel arrangements as needed; preparing applicable meeting materials; and securing and operating needed equipment such as telephone/video conferencing, projectors, or other office technology.
- Develop and maintain procedures to ensure administrative duties and projects are completed in an efficient manner and within given deadlines. Document procedures as needed.
- Organize and maintain confidential files and records of the Company.
- Initiate or assist in completion of reports and presentations for various internal and external meetings including PowerPoint presentations, Excel spread sheets, Power BI applications and video images.
- Perform analytical projects as required.
- Other assignments as requested and required.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.