Alarm Technician (Alarm and Detection)
Company: VFP Fire Systems, Inc.
Location: Elmwood, LA
VFP Fire Systems is seeking an energetic, self-starter who is looking for a long-term employment relationship whom would like an opportunity to grow within a great organization. Seeking someone who loves working with others and being part of a team while also having an excellent work ethic and striving to be a top performer within the organization. Must be able to service and inspect many different alarm systems while also being able to complete company provided training for systems not familiar with to obtain competency.
Candidate with minimum 2 years’ experience in Alarm & Detection industry is required. Candidate with NICET certification is preferred.
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot alarm equipment (fire alarm, preferably also security and access control)
- Establish and maintain customer relations through pro-active and effective communication.
- Maintain internal data regarding system set-ups, reporting and notification for customers.
- Provide customer support on all issues experienced by VFP Fire Systems’ customers.
- Maintain spreadsheets, records, processes, procedures and documentation of system as-builts
- Vehicle inventory control of alarm equipment and all other products.
- Maintain a current knowledge of industry products, procedures and services.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be capable of writing routine reports and correspondence. (Excel and PDF reports)
- Help to establish and also build customer base
- Manage and maintain a working customer database (To Do List)
- Write up all job specific job or work order information on the proper electronic forms
- Manage to tag the appropriate systems based on best judgment
- Provide a hard copy or email of any daily/ weekly reports or impairments to customers and office personal as requested
- Complete and follow up on assigned work and take ownership of assigned jobs/ work orders
- Be able to perform routine work orders for inspections, testing and repair services of alarm systems
- Have good working knowledge of low voltage wiring and corresponding testing devices for the operation of low voltage equipment (meter and system testing devices)
- Daily communications with Schedule Coordinator to mitigate work delays
- Work with Schedule Coordinator and office staff to ensure complete closeout and turnover of all projects, work orders and/ or inspections to the clients.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.