Operations Support Specialist (part-time)
Company: American Fire Protection Group, Inc.
Location: Edina, MN
American Fire Protection Group (AFPG) is growing! Because of that growth, we are seeking qualified applicants for an open part-time Operations Support Specialist position in our Edina, MN office. The Operations Support Specialist works as part of our Center of Excellence (COE) TEAM and has a direct impact on the success of our division offices.
- Value caring and enduring relationships based on honesty and integrity
- Communicate effectively
- Want to have opportunities to develop and advance
- Are detailed-oriented
…then we would love to hear from you!
What makes someone successful in this role?
- A desire to explore new challenges using critical thinking skills.
- Regularly participating in the Learning and Development opportunities available through AFPG and API Group.
- A team-oriented attitude.
- Being dependable.
- Having an uncompromising work ethic.
- Tenaciously pursuing what our offices need from the COE TEAM.
What can you expect to accomplish in your first year on the job?
- Development of caring and enduring relationships with your AFPG TEAM Members.
- Learning to successfully navigate the day-to-day challenges of the role and getting job setups to our offices.
- Gaining knowledge of the life safety industry and furthering your understanding of the Astea and AX systems.
- Creating an Individual Development Plan (IDP) with your supervisor and taking steps toward accomplishing its objectives.
- Becoming fully integrated into our COE TEAM and contributing to its success.
Why Choose to Work for American Fire Protection Group?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of experience you have in the fire protection industry.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of the most current technology our industry has to offer.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.
- Ability to work independently at an advanced level in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong oral and written communications skills; ability to effectively and professionally communicate with all levels of leadership and employees.
- Comfortable prioritizing and managing multiple tasks concurrently.
- Being a dependable team player with a coachable attitude.
- Well-developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Maintaining accuracy of new job setup forms and backup paperwork that verify complete information has been submitted.
- Precise creation of new Service jobs within system based on information provided from our divisions or customers.
- Meticulous updating of existing job, inspection, customer, and site information as requested by our divisions or customers.
- Improvements in the efficiency of our Service and Inspection Departments through higher quality job-related information.
- Willingness to assist with accounting and operations special projects as requested.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.