Company: J. Fletcher Creamer & Son, Inc.
Location: Chestnut Ridge, NY
J. Fletcher Creamer & Son, Inc. is looking for a Field Superintendent to be responsible for all field activities, including direction and coordination of direct labor, subcontractors and materials, on construction projects assigned.
The right candidate will have a background in utility, manhole, conduit, pump station and similar projects.
An Associate’s degree in construction methods and practices is preferred.
Seven years of relevant experience in the construction industry managing projects and supervising trades, which may include technical training and a high school diploma.
The training and high school diploma may be substituted for the Associate’s degree.
- Responsible for all field activities, including direction and coordination of direct labor, subcontractors and materials, on construction projects assigned. This position requires a highly professional and organized individual who can work in a fast-paced construction business environment.
- Follow, implement and enforce safety policies and maintain a safe operating work site by ensuring compliance with all applicable codes, such as OSHA and contract requirements.
- Enforce all safety policies and requirements with all vendors and subcontractors
- Planning, scheduling, and supervision of craft employee activities and subcontractors
- Efficient and effective use of assigned resources
- Assess labor and equipment resource needs and match to load accordingly
- Communicate project issues, employee issues and client issues to the project manager
- Submission of accurate Foreman’s reports and other paperwork on a timely basis
- Report all general, automobile and safety incidents to home office
- Seek additional project work from clients
- Ongoing and day-to-day maintenance of good relations with clients and public officials
J. Fletcher Creamer & Son, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
See all of our current job openings.