Inspection Managed Account Leader
Company: American Fire Protection Group, Inc.
Location: Albuquerque, NM
American Fire Protection Group (AFPG) is growing! Because of that growth, we are seeking qualified applicants for an open Inspection Managed Account (IMA) Leader position in our Albuquerque, New Mexico office. The IMA Leader has a direct impact on the success of our business, making tangible contributions valued by the company and our customers. This is a position where truly get out of it what you put into it!
- Thrive on variety during your workdays
- Are motivated by sales goals
- Communicate effectively
- Value trust and honesty
- Know how to navigate organizational structure to reach decision-makers
…then we would love to talk to you!
What makes someone successful in this role?
- Being a tenacious go-getter who loves the challenge of seeking out new business.
- Developing a sound strategy for researching and prospecting new customers.
- Resiliency – not being fearful of or discouraged by the word “no”.
What can you expect to accomplish in your first year on the job?
- Building a pipeline and capturing “renewal customers”.
- Forming strong relationships with your AFPG teammates.
- Expanding Life Safety Industry knowledge.
Why Choose to Work for American Fire Protection Group?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of experience you have in the fire protection industry.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending, tuition reimbursements, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and an employer-matched 401K program.
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of the most current technology our industry has to offer.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.
- Sales experience related to the fire and life safety industry and/or building services and maintenance is a plus.
- Affinity for seeking out and building and maintaining caring and enduring relationships.
- Possessing a CAN-DO attitude.
- Strong oral and written communications are a must.
- Willing to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ’s), and the general public.
- Business development and/or marketing experience is a plus.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook). Experience with a CRM system is a plus.
- Possess a valid driver’s license; in accordance with Company policy.
- Supporting AFPG’s goal of 20% annual growth of our Service/Inspection business.
- Establishing contact with potential qualified buyers of Inspection Services by diligently scheduling sales calls, following up on leads quickly after they’re identified, and helping to execute outlined marketing strategies.
- Determining customer needs by conducting site surveys and reviewing your findings with the appropriate customer personnel.
- Preparing and presenting effective proposals that offer solutions to customer life safety needs.
- Contributing to the pricing approach of Inspection and Service accounts.
- Developing and maintaining an active proposal pipeline to support the established sales plan.
- Providing exceptional customer experiences.
- Maintaining positive relationships with your office and field teammates through consistent communication about our customers.
- Working closely with Corporate Inspection Sales Leader to align support with priorities.
- Supporting other AFPG and APi Group teams in their initiatives as they relate to your territory.
- Leading customer presentations, “lunch and learns", and other relationship-building activities.
- Continually developing your understanding of all AFPG pricing strategies, worksheets, and contract terms.
- Consistently evaluating if you’re “getting the right work with the right customers.”
- Learning and following the AFPG Operating Code 100% of the time.
Your success will be measured by your achievement of these objectives:
- Meeting or exceeding individual new sales, proposal, and customer connections goals.
- Being a relentless pursuer of knowledge about emerging technologies in the life safety industry, including updated policies and regulations in your market.
- Having a minimum of one face-to-face visit with at least one target account each week.
- Your commitment to speaking with customers with aged receivables approaching 120 days.
- Actively participating in at least one local trade organization.
- Taking an existing or potential customer to at least one relationship-building activity per month and being able to identify ROI from these engagements.
- Being a regular participant in the Learning and Development opportunities available through AFPG and APi Group.
- Tracking all customer connections, proposals, and wins in AFPG-supported customer relationship management (CRM) system.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.