Company: American Fire Protection Group, Inc.
Location: Albuquerque, NM
American Fire Protection Group (AFPG) is growing! Because of that growth, we are seeking qualified applicants for an open Account Management/Sales position in our Albuquerque, New Mexico office. This position has a direct impact on the success of our business, making tangible contributions valued by the company and our customers. This is a position where truly get out of it what you put into it!
- Thrive on variety during your workdays
- Are motivated by sales goals
- Communicate effectively
- Value trust and honesty
- Know how to navigate organizational structure to reach decision-makers
…then we would love to talk to you!
What makes someone successful in this role?
- Being a tenacious go-getter who loves the challenge of seeking out new business.
- Developing a sound strategy for researching and prospecting new customers.
- Resiliency – not being fearful of or discouraged by the word “no”.
What can you expect to accomplish in your first year on the job?
- Building a pipeline and capturing “renewal customers”.
- Forming strong relationships with your AFPG teammates.
- Expanding Life Safety Industry knowledge.
Why Choose to Work for American Fire Protection Group?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of experience you have in the fire protection industry.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending, tuition reimbursements, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and an employer-matched 401K program.
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of the most current technology our industry has to offer.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.
- Sales experience related to the fire and life safety industry and/or building services and maintenance is a plus.
- Affinity for seeking out and building and maintaining caring and enduring relationships.
- Possessing a CAN-DO attitude.
- Strong oral and written communications are a must.
- Willing to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ’s), and the general public.
- Business development and/or marketing experience is a plus.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook). Experience with a CRM system is a plus.
- Possess a valid driver’s license; in accordance with Company policy.
- Supporting AFPG’s goal of 20% annual growth of our Service/Inspection business.
- Establishing contact with potential qualified buyers of Inspection Services by diligently scheduling sales calls, following up on leads quickly after they’re identified, and helping to execute outlined marketing strategies.
- Determining customer needs by conducting site surveys and reviewing your findings with the appropriate customer personnel.
- Preparing and presenting effective proposals that offer solutions to customer life safety needs.
- Contributing to the pricing approach of Inspection and Service accounts.
- Developing and maintaining an active proposal pipeline to support the established sales plan.
- Providing exceptional customer experiences.
- Maintaining positive relationships with your office and field teammates through consistent communication about our customers.
- Working closely with Corporate Inspection Sales Leader to align support with priorities.
- Supporting other AFPG and APi Group teams in their initiatives as they relate to your territory.
- Leading customer presentations, “lunch and learns", and other relationship-building activities.
- Continually developing your understanding of all AFPG pricing strategies, worksheets, and contract terms.
- Consistently evaluating if you’re “getting the right work with the right customers.”
- Learning and following the AFPG Operating Code 100% of the time.
Your success will be measured by your achievement of these objectives:
- Meeting or exceeding individual new sales, proposal, and customer connections goals.
- Being a relentless pursuer of knowledge about emerging technologies in the life safety industry, including updated policies and regulations in your market.
- Having a minimum of one face-to-face visit with at least one target account each week.
- Your commitment to speaking with customers with aged receivables approaching 120 days.
- Actively participating in at least one local trade organization.
- Taking an existing or potential customer to at least one relationship-building activity per month and being able to identify ROI from these engagements.
- Being a regular participant in the Learning and Development opportunities available through AFPG and APi Group.
- Tracking all customer connections, proposals, and wins in AFPG-supported customer relationship management (CRM) system.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.