Fire Protection Designer
Company: VFP Fire Systems, Inc.
Location: Columbus, OH
This individual will design; coordinate, and possibly project manage the fire sprinkler systems for commercial and light industrial buildings. He or she will design and create the finished representation for the sprinkler systems using drawing and drafting skills and tools. The designer will have responsibility for the initial planning of a project including scheduling of time, creating material stock listing, analyzing changes, and solving problems. Close coordination with the project manager, project superintendent, and sales representative will be required throughout the life of the project.
- Applicable degree from a technical school or college is a plus
- NICET certification is a plus
- Project management experience is a plus
- Associates degree in AutoCAD, demonstrated ability with AutoSprink, or other specialized fire sprinkler layout software
- Proven ability and track record of performing work in a timely manner and meeting deadlines
- Three years’ experience in commercial and light industrial design
- Possess good communication skills; both verbal and written
- Willing to coordinate and work well with others
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug screen test, background and reference check
- Review construction contract documents and coordinate with sub-contractors and General Contractor/owner to gather the required information to design the project’s sprinkler system
- Thorough use of analytical thinking and problem solving, determine construction feasibility and systems possibilities
- Create detailed drawings through extensive use of AutoCAD and AutoSprink type programs
- Create stock list for all material required throughout the project
- Perform hydraulic calculations
- Develop initial schedules for preliminary project work
- Maintain design historical records for future use
- Develop positive and ongoing relationships with customers to ensure company is meeting customers’ expectations
- Coordinate with other departments within office to ensure proper handover of job information
- Perform Project Manager functions as required
- Complete other assigned responsibilities as directed by immediate supervisor or other VFP management personnel
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.