Company: American Fire Protection Group, Inc.
Location: Jackson, TN
American Fire Protection Group (AFPG) is growing! Because of that growth, we are seeking qualified applicants for an open Receptionist position in our Jackson, Tennessee office. The Receptionist is often the first point of contact for our customers, so it is a role that directly impacts the success of our business.
- Value caring and enduring relationships based on honesty and integrity
- Enjoy the challenge of delivering consistently remarkable customer service
- Value having opportunities to develop and advance in your career
- Communicate effectively
- Are organizationally savvy
…then we would love to hear to you!
What makes someone successful in this role?
- Constant pursuit of excellence on behalf of our customers, meeting and exceeding their expectations, creating a simple, worry-free, and effortless experience.
- A relentless pursuit of knowledge about emerging technologies in the life safety industry, including updated policies and regulations in your market.
- Regularly participating in the Learning and Development opportunities available through AFPG and APi Group.
What can you expect to accomplish in your first year on the job?
- Development of caring and enduring relationships with your AFPG TEAM members.
- Furthering your understanding of AFPG’s business and the life safety industry.
- Creating an Individual Development Plan (IDP) with your supervisor and taking steps toward accomplishing its objectives.
Why Choose to Work for American Fire Protection Group?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of experience you have in the fire protection industry.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending, tuition reimbursement, profit sharing, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and an employer-matched 401(K).
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of the most current technology our industry has to offer.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.
- Ability to work independently and with proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong oral and written communications skills; ability to professionally communicate with all levels of leadership, customers, and employees.
- Willingness to assist with miscellaneous projects as needed.
- Incoming phone call management experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Answering all incoming calls and routing them appropriately, making sure voicemail is acceptable and, if not, offering alternative.
- Greeting and directing visitors in a professional manner.
- Sending invoices via email, client portals, and/or through USPS.
- Maintaining reports for Design Department.
- Assisting Service Department when needed.
- Preparing badges for Sales team.
- Maintaining copiers.
- Managing supply inventory and purchases.
- Processing invoices for accounts payables for general office expenses.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.