Company: American Fire Protection Group, Inc.
Location: Albuquerque, NM
American Fire Protection Group (AFPG) is growing! Because of that growth, we are seeking qualified applicants for an open Service Manager position in our Albuquerque, NM office. The Service Manager's impact to our business is significant. You will lead and develop a team and make decisions directly impacting the success of the company.
- Are motivated to provide customer service that is second to none
- Genuinely enjoy working in a team environment
- Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Have a talent for strategic thought leadership and putting plans in place to achieve goals
…then we would love to hear to you!
What makes someone successful in this role?
- Investing in the development of your individual team members and team as a whole.
- Properly setting direction and aligning resources.
- Motivating and inspiring those around you to do their best work.
- Constantly working a feedback loop for improvements within the team and with customers.
- Recognizing opportunities in business sectors for market growth and year-over-year recurring revenue.
What can you expect to accomplish in your first year on the job?
- Forming strong relationships with your AFPG teammates.
- Learning who AFPG’s top customers are and why, and adding more of them.
- Working with your team to identify and understand obstacles to success and removing them.
- Analyzing processes being used and working to streamline them for effectiveness and efficiency.
Why Choose to Work for American Fire Protection Group?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of experience you have in the fire protection industry.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending, tuition reimbursement, profit sharing, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and an employer-matched 401(K) program.
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of the most current technology our industry has to offer.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.
- Proven analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- High level of self-motivation.
- A self-starter with exceptional time management, scheduling, sales, staff management, and leadership skills and experience.
- A history of success growing market share and meeting sales goals.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Excel, Word, Outlook, and ERP.
- Competency with profit/loss statements, revenue recognition, and cost controls to aid in making solid business decisions.
- Ability to read and understand construction documents including bid forms, plans, specifications, contracts, purchase orders, and agreements.
- Thorough understanding of contract negotiations and liability clauses.
- Working knowledge of the Fire and Life Safety Industry – fire sprinklers, fire pumps, fire extinguishers, fire alarms, monitoring, special hazards.
- Solid working knowledge of applicable NFPA codes is a plus.
- NICET certifications are a plus.
- Company Manager License is a plus.
- Leading the Division’s Service Department in a professional manner; always looking out for the best interests of the customer and the company.
- Leading by example.
- Honoring all schedules and commitments.
- Providing mentorship and training to all divisional team members.
- Creating all departmental budgets and managing them to maintain costs and profitability.
- Maintaining an environment of professionalism, integrity, honesty, quality, and success.
- Leading all Inspection team members, holding them accountable to perform and maintain high standards while beating budgets and deadlines.
- Working closely with designated team members to create accurate deficiency proposals within 48 hours.
- When a repair quote is awarded, work closely with designated team member to turn over all work to the Service/Daywork team including material lists, contacts, pricing, and plans.
- Seeking out new customers, building enduring relationships with them, and nurturing existing relationships.
- Maintaining an orderly departmental environment.
- Working with the office and shop employees to maintain the correct quantities of printed and mechanical materials for Inspection work.
- Regularly performing safety inspections on Service trucks and jobs.
- Inspecting all tools and safety equipment twice annually to make sure all equipment is well-maintained and in safe working condition.
- Performing employee performance reviews in accordance with company policy.
- Helping create individual and team goals for Service team members.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.