Fire Alarm Inspector
Company: Sunland Fire Protection Inc.
Location: High Point, NC
Sunland Fire Protection is seeking qualified applicants for an open Fire Alarm Inspector position in our High Point, North Carolina office. The Fire Alarm Inspector is a key member of Sunland's growing Service and Inspection business.
- Thrive on variety during your workdays
- Value working in a position you can build a career on
- Appreciate stability
- Value trust and honesty
…then we would love to talk to you!
What makes someone successful in this role?
- Consistent and effective communication with customers and colleagues.
- Being punctual and dependable.
- Constant pursuit of excellence on behalf of our customers, meeting and exceeding their expectations, creating a simple, worry-free, and effortless experience.
- A relentless pursuit of knowledge about emerging technologies in the life safety industry, including updated policies and regulations in your market.
- Maintaining a positive attitude and representing AFPG in a professional manner.
What can you expect to accomplish in your first year on the job?
- Forming strong relationships with your AFPG teammates.
- Expanding Life Safety Industry knowledge.
- Creating an Individual Development Plan (IDP) with your supervisor and taking steps toward accomplishing its objectives.
Why choose to work for Sunland Fire Protection, a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Fire Protection Group (AFPG)?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of relatable experience.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending, tuition reimbursements, profit sharing, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401K retirement program with an employer match.
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of the most current technology our industry has to offer.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Four-year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- 2+ years documented experience with fire alarm system inspections.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets Company requirements.
- Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, digital analyzer, and commissioning devices.
- Experience installing, inspecting, and repairing fire alarm systems.
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Retaining any licenses that are required by national, state, and local codes.
- Knowledge of applicable NFPA standards.
- NICET II certification preferred.
- FAL license.
- Backflow Certification.
- Additional certifications related to fire safety are a plus – FEL-A, FEL-B, FEL-K.
- Knowledge of manufacturer’s equipment.
- Effective scheduling of time.
- Obtaining tools and equipment for projects as required.
- Coordinating with Service Technicians as required to schedule inspections in the most efficient way possible.
- Keeping current with new technology, state, and local codes.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.