RME-I Sprinkler Inspector
Company: American Fire Protection Group, Inc.
Location: Monroe, LA
American Fire Protection Group (AFPG) is growing! Because of that growth, we are seeking qualified applicants for an open Fire Sprinkler Inspector position in our Monroe, Louisiana office. The Fire Sprinkler Inspector has a direct impact on the success of our business, making tangible contributions valued by the company and our customers.
- Welcome training opportunities for career growth
- Value the benefit of being supplied with all the tools you need to be successful
- Appreciate competitive pay
…then we would love to hear from you!
What makes someone successful in this role?
- Having a respectful and professional demeanor at all times.
- Providing customers with exceptional service and being responsive to their needs.
- Thoroughly completing Inspections Reports in a timely manner.
- Effectively communicating with our customers about their facility deficiencies.
What can you expect to accomplish in your first year on the job?
- Building your life safety industry knowledge.
- Advancement of your education through our robust leadership and development programs.
- Growth of your confidence in the ability to lead others.
Why Choose to Work for American Fire Protection Group?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of relatable experience.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending, tuition reimbursements, profit sharing, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401K retirement program with an employer match.
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of the most current technology our industry has to offer.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.
- RME-I License.
- NICET II certification preferred.
- Additional certifications related to fire safety are a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, four-year college or university program certificate, or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years documented experience with fire sprinkler system inspections.
- Experience installing, inspecting, and repairing fire sprinkler systems.
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Retaining any licenses required by national, state, and local codes.
- Knowledge of applicable NFPA standards.
- Knowledge of manufacturer’s equipment.
- A valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets company requirements.
- Upholding AFPG’s Safety and Risk Management First Culture at all times.
- Executing inspections with honesty and integrity, providing clear and concise deficiency explanations.
- Scheduling time effectively.
- Obtaining tools and equipment for projects as required.
- Seeking knowledge of specialized inspection tools.
- Coordinating with Service Technicians as required to schedule inspections in the most efficient way possible.
- Keeping current with new technology, state, and local codes.
- Maintaining caring and enduring customer relationships.
- Carefully and meticulously maintaining company vehicle and tools.
- Training Helpers for the Inspector role.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.