Project Engineer / Leader
Company: American Fire Protection Group, Inc.
Location: Tyler, TX
American Fire Protection Group (AFPG) is growing! Because of that growth, we are seeking qualified applicants for an open Project Leader position in our Tyler, Texas office. The Project Leader has a direct impact on the success of our business, making tangible contributions valued by the company and our customers.
- Have a gift for preparing budgets and cost estimates, creating schedules, and controlling costs
- Enjoy problem solving and using your creative talents
- Value building relationships with others
- Appreciate opportunities to learn
…then we would love to hear from you!
What makes someone successful in this role?
- Holding yourself accountable for the work you do – owning your mistakes and learning from them.
- Being self-motivated to succeed.
- Communicating effectively with others.
- Embracing and effectively leveraging technology.
What can you expect to accomplish in your first year on the job?
- Developing relationships with our field teams, office team, local Fire Marshal, General Contractors, and Architects.
- Completing the National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) Level I.
- Learning the operating systems of the office: AutoSPRINK, AX, Teams.
Why Choose to Work for AFPG?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced fire protection experts. Pay is based on the level of relatable experience.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending, tuition reimbursements, profit sharing, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and an employer-matched 401(K).
- We strongly believe in promoting from within. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in our Individual Development Plan (IDP) process. If you have the drive to make a better career for yourself, we will help you achieve that goal.
- We strongly advocate for the use of the most current technology our industry has to offer.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code tenet.
- Many of our employees have worked with us for over 30 years. We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
- We have a longstanding commitment to hire veterans, both in the field and in the office.
- Applicable degree from a technical school or college.
- Proven ability to perform work in a timely manner and assess upcoming work to set priorities to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to coordinate with team, general contractors, etc.
- Software experience using Microsoft Office products and AutoCAD or other 3D drawing programs.
- Ability to travel with occasional overnight stays for projects and training events.
- Reviewing construction contract documents and coordinating with sub-contractors and General Contractors/Owners to gather the required information to design the project’s sprinkler system.
- Maintaining contract documents throughout the life of the project, including changes from bulletins, addendums, ASI’s, CCD’s, etc. are addressed and processed.
- Conducting surveys/drawings of existing/new buildings and fire sprinkler systems to be translated accurately into AutoCAD/ AutoSPRINK.
- Coordinating design drawings with other building components via job site meetings or 3D/BIM software and Navisworks.
- Coordinating with other departments within office to ensure proper turnover of job design information.
- Creating stock lists for all materials required throughout the projects then getting price quotes, material ordering and delivery coordination.
- Assisting field team thorough use of analytical thinking and problem solving, determining construction feasibility and systems possibilities.
- Conducting jobsite safety audits to ensure a safe work environment.
- Developing positive and ongoing relationships with customers to ensure reoccurring business.
- Assisting as required for estimating takeoffs and estimates.
- Producing design concept drawings and hydraulic calculations for sales presentations.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.