Company: United Piping Inc.
Location: Duluth, MN
The Senior Accountant assists the Corporate Controller in directing the organization's accounting functions including cost, payables, receivables, and reporting. Contributes to the development and maintenance of financial reporting, planning, SOX compliance and budgeting. Ensures that all corporate and required accounting policies and procedures are documented and followed by the organization. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the accounting teams and the department as whole. This position is expected to take an active leadership role within the accounting team as well as the company overall.
- Degree in accounting, finance, or related field preferred.
- 2 years’ experience in accounting or related field preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly skilled in math, accounting, and financial processes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Skilled in time management and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, including knowledge of pivot tables and v-lookups.
- Proficient in MS Word, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Willing and able to learn new and different software and internet-based platforms.
- Prepares financial statements to summarize and forecast the company’s financial status.
- Assists with the annual financial budget for the company, as well as quarterly updates and projections. Also, would interface with the various divisions in the creation of their quarterly projections and annual divisional budgets.
- Assists with preparations for audits.
- Assist with establishing and maintaining internal controls to prevent inaccuracies in financial statements as well as to maintain SOX compliance.
- Assist in the preparation and review of WIP schedules and related journal entries.
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Ensures compliance with and prepare reports according to applicable government regulations.
- Uses accounting software to maintain records and prepare reports.
- Coordinates with others and prepares ad hoc reports as needed.
- Conducts and participates in meetings especially related to the accounting processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.