Fire Sprinkler Designer
Company: Sunland Fire Protection Inc.
Location: High Point, NC
The Fire Sprinkler Designer is responsible for designing; coordinating, and leading projects as required for fire sprinkler systems in commercial, industrial, and residential buildings. He or she will design and create the finished representation for the sprinkler systems using drawing and drafting skills and tools. The designer will have responsibility for the initial planning of a project including scheduling of time, creating material stock listing, analyzing changes, and solving problems. Close coordination with the project leader, superintendent, and sales representative will be required throughout the life of the project. This can be a hybrid remote / office position.
SPRINKLER DESIGNER CORE COMPETENCIES
- Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet requirements.
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages Complexity: Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Plans and Aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Tech Savvy: Anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
SPRINKLER DESIGNER EXPECTATIONS
- Review design concepts with sales representatives
- Bring design in under budgeted hours
- Review materials lists thoroughly before hand-off to sales and/or purchasing
- Ensure all plans have accurate dimensions before hand-off to fitters
- Conduct self-study to build a strong understanding of codes and regulations and stay abreast of code updates
SPRINKLER DESIGNER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review construction contract documents and coordinate with sub-contractors and General Contractor/owner to gather the required information to design the project’s sprinkler system
- Thorough use of analytical thinking and problem solving, determine construction feasibility and systems possibilities
- Create detailed drawings through extensive use of AutoCAD, AutoSprink, or HydraCAD type programs
- Create stock list for all material required throughout the project
- Perform hydraulic calculations
- Develop initial schedules for preliminary project work
- Maintain design historical records for future use
- Develop positive and ongoing relationships with customers to ensure company is meeting customers’ expectations
- Coordinate with other departments within office to ensure proper handover of job information
- Perform Project Leader functions as required
- Complete other assigned responsibilities as directed by immediate supervisor
Competitive pay, benefits, and bonus based on years of experience. This can be a hybrid remote / office position.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.