Electrical Project Manager
Company: Industrial Contractors, Inc.
Industrial Contractors, Inc. is a Bismarck, North Dakota based industrial maintenance construction company. We specialize in the coal-fired power generation industry. We offer a history of proven success in boiler maintenance, air quality control installation, power piping, electrical, industrial machinery overhaul and many other exciting projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Electrical Engineering required or equivalent experience
- General knowledge of NEC (national electric code)/construction principles/practices required
- Experience leading union labor
- Experience leading successful project team, including development of employees and maintaining relationships with external entities
- Knowledge of electrical systems and instrumentation
- Experience with the following types of projects: Industrial, Commercial, Power Generation, Biofuel Plants, Mining, Water, Oil Field and Waste Water
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, plans, and specifications
- Strong math, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Organized, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage time and prioritize projects to meet
- Effective computer skills including Microsoft Office applications, Accubid, preference to MS Project and/or Primavera
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment as well as individually
- Valid driver license and a good driving record
- Willingness to travel (capability of staying out for weeks/months at a time) and be able to work evenings and weekends as required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or climb.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions, possibly for extended assignments. The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide leadership and support to the project staff and ensure quality and timely completion of project
- Maintain thorough understanding of the project contract and specification
- Oversee and monitor project costs, including projections, reporting, and the pay request process
- Visits various jobsites and interacts with crew, customers, foremen, and general contractors to ensure proper job progress and encourage safe behavior.
- Implement and monitor training of all staff personnel
- Shop drawing and submittal review and coordination
- Assist estimating in bidding projects
- Prepare take-offs for projects as they progress
- Procure and monitor subcontractors, materials, and equipment
- Develop, maintain, and update construction schedules
- Develop, review, and negotiate change proposal pricing
- Develop, schedule and lead project close-out and punch list activities
- Research and suggest options on construction means, methods and equipment
- Monitor and document jobsite safety and accident prevention
- Attends industry events and represents Industrial Contractors, Inc. to the industry in a professional capacity
- Builds and maintains relationships with Industrial Contractors, Inc. clients and stakeholders
- Keeps current with latest applicable technology and techniques
Commensurate with experience, an excellent compensation and benefits package (including 401(k), Employees Stock Options, Health Insurance and more) will be provided for this vital position.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.