Company: Industrial Contractors, Inc.
Industrial Contractors, Inc. is a Bismarck, North Dakota based industrial maintenance and construction company specializing in the coal-fired power generation industry. We offer a history of proven success in boiler maintenance, air quality control installation, power piping, electrical, industrial machinery overhaul and many other exciting projects.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS:
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management or Engineering or equivalent years of relevant estimating experience required
- Accubid experience preferred
- General knowledge of construction principles/practices required
- General knowledge of National Electrical Code
- Knowledge of industrial electrical systems and applications
- Experience with the following types of projects: Industrial, Commercial, Power Generation, Biofuel Plants, Mining, Water, and Waste Water
- Ability to synthesize cost data from a wide range of sources into a conceptual estimate
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications
- General knowledge of negotiated bids, hard bids, and GMP processes
- Maintains a “value added” approach to estimating
- Strong math, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage time and prioritize projects to meet
- Effective computer skills including Microsoft Office applications Accubid, preference to MS Project and/or Primavera
- Ability to work in a field environment, to include physical activities such as lifting, bending, climbing and confined space entry
- Valid driver license and a good driving record
- Willingness to travel (including overnight) and be able to work evenings and weekends as required
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Perform take-offs and generates pricing and bids for electrical projects
- Develops and documents logical assumptions during conceptual estimating activities and applies these assumptions to takeoff tasks
- Communicates with the owner, customer, or engineer to clarify scope of work, materials, and schedule requirements, and documents these clarifications
- Conducts reviews of milestone documents for the development and pricing of value alternative opportunities
- Actively participates in the internal estimate review and hand-over process
- Prepares the final estimate and proposal for presentation to owner or customer
- Collects and organizes all bid information for future reference
- Aids field operations with change order pricing if needed
- Directs, coordinates and provides information and documents to subcontractors
- Prepares contractual exhibits for scope of work for subcontracts and reviews proposals
- Builds relationships with subcontractors and vendors to obtain a competitive advantage
- Attends industry events and represents Industrial Contractors, Inc. to the industry in a professional capacity
- Builds and maintains relationships with Industrial Contractors, Inc. clients and stakeholders
- Keeps current with latest applicable technology and techniques
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or climb.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions, possibly for extended assignments. The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.