Company: Western States Fire Protection Co.
Location: Houston, TX
POSITION OVERVIEW: Alarm Technicians report directly to the Inspection/ A&D Service Manager, but are responsible to the Project Manager and/or Schedule coordinator on a daily activities basis. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing inspections per NFPA standards, startup and closeout of all job types including follow up deficiency repairs, assisting Account Managers in deficiency quotation, and other tasks as assigned by the Project Manager and/or Schedule Coordinator.
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- NICET 1 Certification within 2 years
- NICET 2 Certification within 2 years after NICET 1 is achieved
- Tests all equipment after installation or repairs made to ensure performance of system
- Work in compliance with the Company’s safety manual with safety of self and others in mind at all times
- Daily communications with Project Manager and/or Schedule Coordinator on inspection or project delays, requirements and general status of jobs
- Responsible for training apprentices on Company procedures, systems inspection and installation techniques
- All work is performed to NFPA and Company standards with quality inspection and installation techniques practiced
- Works with Project Manager, Schedule Coordinator and Office Administrative Staff to ensure complete closeout and turn over of jobs to the client (Ensure that work is completed so it can be billed in full)
Western States Fire Protection and its affiliates are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
See all of our current job openings.back to top