L&D Online Learning Specialist - Curation, Procurement, & Internal Marketing
Company: APi Group, Inc.
Location: New Brighton, MN
We are currently seeking qualified and career minded candidates for a Talent/Learning and Development position at our corporate headquarters in New Brighton, MN. This newly created position is a critical member of the Learning and Development Team and makes a significant impact on APi Group’s ability to achieve its Enduring Purpose of Building Great Leaders.
As we expand learning opportunities for employees at our divisions, it is imperative that we understand their needs and provide the right kind of online learning product at an affordable price and delivered in the most effective and efficient way possible. Marketing of the products must be done in a way that builds excitement, increases the demand, and at the same time produces successful, measurable results. This position will be responsible for curating content, primarily for our online learning curriculum, and will creatively market online learning to our internal customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Learning, Adult Education, or Human Resource Development.
- Experience marketing or communicating within an organization.
- Understanding of adult learning theory as is applicable to online learning.
- Experience writing and editing for internal communication needs.
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems.
- Knowledge of eLearning authoring tools like Articulate Storyline 360 is not necessary but desired.
- Experience using the latest version of visual design software like Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.
- Must possess exceptional organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize effectively.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Must have proven ability to work collaboratively with a team, make sound decisions, think strategically, focus on detail, problem solve, and multi-task.
- Lead efforts to curate targeted online learning campaigns
- Work with Talent Development team to identify focus areas and develop a strategic roadmap for content rollout.
- Build online learning experiences for programs/campaigns around organizations’ development needs.
- Seek out and evaluate off the shelf learning content to utilize in learning campaigns.
- Procure needed online learning components from different learning vendors.
- Manage subject matter expert content reviews and approval processes as needed.
- Develop a communication/marketing strategy to rollout new learning campaigns
- Develop and manage company-wide communication across the organization, leveraging current technology and communities/contacts.
- Stay up to date on current or up-and-coming corporate communication options, methods and channels.
- Drive awareness and increase consumption of our learning campaigns for maximum impact to the learners and organization as a whole.
- Capture metrics of learning program efforts and learning material usage to adjust and improve on and shape future content decisioning and communication avenues.
- Experiment with new forms of content, delivery, communication, technology, process, etc. to further generate interest in learning campaigns.
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice.
- Introduce, implement, and maintain a video sharing platform (with focused use by the field/trades employees).
- Coordinate content creation and promote more content being created by field/trades employees.
- Oversee/monitor new content created by the field/trades employees.
- Track usage statistics.
- Develop marketing/communication plans to promote ongoing usage.
- Provide End User support of the platform.
- Remain current on technology and trends in interactive online learning.
- Other duties as requested
APi Group Inc. (www.apigroupinc.com) is a multi-billion-dollar parent company to more than 40 independently managed life safety, energy, specialty construction and infrastructure companies in over 200 locations worldwide. We combine the personal attention of small-to-medium sized companies with the strength of an industry leader to bring innovation to the construction industry. We strive to lead our industry in leadership development and provide our employees access to the finest growth opportunities available.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.