Paralegal / Legal Secretary
Company: J. Fletcher Creamer & Son, Inc.
Location: Hackensack, NJ
Paralegal/Administrative Assistant to General Counsel
This is a position reports directly to General Counsel. Seeking an experienced and motivated paralegal to work in J. Fletcher Creamer & Son’s corporate legal department.
- Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree, or Paralegal certificate required
- Minimum of 3 years of paralegal experience, preferably in a law firm or corporate law department.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required.
- Contract and Insurance experience a plus.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational, administrative, and communication skills.
- Ability to independently handle routine legal issues/documents with employees and third parties under direction of GC
- Ability to independently develop solutions for business issues with minimal supervision/support.
- Excellent proofreading, editing, and grammatical skills.
- Ability to speak and write clearly and succinctly, ability to craft effective communications, including on complex legal issues, ability to emphasize key points and ideas.
- Demonstrates substantive knowledge of legal principles, strategies and advisory skills.
- Effective time management to meet deadlines
PARALEGAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Reviews, drafts and/or develops legal documents and communications.
- Independently handles legal and/or factual research as appropriate.
- Case/File organization and management.
- Assist in gathering internal documents/information for Discovery response.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Prepare correspondence; emails; handle phones
- Manage calendars; organize meetings; schedule conference calls and appointments.
- Prepare legal/corporate documents
- Maintain organized filing system of paper and electronic documents
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401(k), ESOP, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.