Project Manager - Construction, Utilities, Heavy Highway
Company: J. Fletcher Creamer & Son, Inc.
Location: Hackensack, NJ
J. Fletcher Creamer & Son, Inc. is currently looking for a proven Construction Project Manager with experience in heavy highway, guiderail, utility and similar type projects.
8+ years of progressively experience in heavy highway and/or utility site work required.
Special Skills / Abilities Needed:
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent people skills, including negotiating skills and diplomacy;
- Computer skills including the MS office suite of products;
- Superior interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively within the company and with clients.
J. Fletcher Creamer & Son, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews contractual requirements with project team, develops a plan for the construction, and directs the activities of superintendents, project engineers and clerical staff for proper execution of the work;
- Prepares or directs the preparation of buy-out plans, material and subcontractor requisitions, and issues to the purchasing department;
- Tracks actual to scheduled completion and adjusts project resources and methods as required.
- Identifies changed site conditions or issues beyond the contract scope. Prepares change order requests
- Completes projects on time and at reasonable cost. Attends client meetings and calls in-house pre-construction and job progress meetings. Keeps project team advised of changes in the work plans, execution, and schedule by utilizing effective verbal and written communication skills. Prepares and transmits project status reporting to supervision;
- Promotes and participates in the company safety programs and procedures;
- Performs “close-out” of assigned projects
- Tracks and analyzes project costs continually for compliance with budget and profitability goals
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401(k), ESOP, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Tuition Assistance, Training & Development
Pay depends on your level of experience.
See all of our current job openings.