Sales & Estimator
Company: American Fire Protection Group, Inc.
Location: College Station, TX
This individual will cultivate new business relationships, maintain existing accounts, and ensure the fulfillment of established sales goals through estimating and proposing on fire protection projects. Embrace a consultative selling technique that includes the ability to analyze client needs, communicate appropriate solutions, and facilitate sales to closure.
- High School diploma or GED required, College Degree a Plus
- Three or more years of experience in fire sprinkler sales, design and/or project management
- Experience in commercial, residential and industrial areas of fire protection industry is preferred
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, AutoSprink, HydraCAD or other specialized fire sprinkler layout software preferred
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with strong written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Willing to coordinate with other departments in the company, with owners and General Contractors
- Ability to analyze, assess and address customer needs, while clearly displaying American Fire Protection Group’s core values
- Commitment to excellence and driven to team success
- Ability to use and learn computer software and devices
- Well-developed active listening, critical thinking, and deductive reasoning skills
- Have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable DMV record
- Willing to pass a pre-employment drug test, background and reference check
- Review construction project plans, requirements, drawings, and specifications
- Prepare cost estimates and determine project constructability
- Secure plans and designs for developing pricing and proposals, acquire subcontract pricing, and comply with codes and permits
- Maintain contact with subcontractors of various trades and work to expand list of qualified subcontractors
- Establish contact with prospects and potential buyers by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads, and utilizing outlined marketing strategies
- Develop positive and ongoing relationships with customers to ensure customer satisfaction
- Define customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company offerings
- Close sufficient sales to meet sales plan objectives
- Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog
- Maintain historical record of all sales and bidding documents/stats
- Provide input to improve company-wide business processes and systems
- Submit all required sales reports, data, expenses, and correspondence in an accurate and timely manner
- Conduct coordination with other departments to ensure proper handoff of job information
- Conduct Project Manager functions as required and designated
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.