Company: J. Fletcher Creamer & Son, Inc.
Location: Wall, NJ
The Safety Professional will serve a vital role in laying the foundation of our Safety culture. This position will perform all technical safety training for newly hired employees.
Required Skills and Abilities
- OSHA 510 (required)
- OSHA 500 (preferred)
- CDL License is a plus
- Familiar with DOT standards
- Knowledge of heavy equipment operations is a plus
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and related program software
- Ability to create PowerPoints
- Ability to handle sensitive information with high level of confidentiality
- Ability to build rapport with field supervisory and employees and maintain overall good relationships
- Strong interpersonal and active listening skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Attention to detail, highly organized, self-starter with ability to prioritize tasks and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Must have a valid auto driver’s license
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED
- 5-10 years Civil construction field experience required (underground utilities-gas/electric/water)
- Other OSHA technical related training (excavation, confined space, fall protection, etc.)
- Experience providing training in group setting
- Experience working in electrical substations – generation, transmission & distribution
- Ability to work in field and office environment.
- Constantly operates computer and other office equipment.
- Frequently works in outdoor weather conditions.
- Occasional travel to corporate office and other job sites.
- Frequently stands and walks to make presentations
- Frequently communicates when making presentations to employees
- Presentation of technical training in classroom setting as part of the new hire orientation and the onboarding process. The training to be presented is client specific as well as topics such as Dig Safe, review of the Corporate Health & Safety Plan and Silica Awareness.
- Provide Driver Qualification road tests for employees driving company vehicle.
- Perform the equipment operator competency test .
- Perform field safety compliance audits while visiting job sites.
- Conduct follow up visits in the field with employees who have gone through the orientation process to “check in” and ensure compliance with training and company Safety policies & procedures.
- The assessments performed will also consist of recognizing hazards that may lead to injury to implement corrective actions and determine if current curriculum needs adjustment, or if new training material must be developed.
- Other miscellaneous projects as directed by the Director of Risk Management
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401(k), Stock, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.